Transfer News: FC Barcelona Striker Disappointed with Cesc Fabregas Sale to Chelsea
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 31, 2014 11:38 PM EST
FC Barcelona striker Pedro could not hide his disappointment over his side's decision to sell star midfielder Cesc Fabregas to Chelsea.
The former Arsenal skipper, who is very much in his prime, moved back to the Premier League for a reported fee of around £30million, was a big loss to the Blaugrana from the players' and supporters' perspective.
“Everybody knows Cesc is a great player, one of the best in his position in the world." - Pedro
His statline of 13 goals and 22 assists in all competitions last season speak themselves.
"Everybody knows Cesc is a great player, one of the best in his position in the world," said Pedro.
"It's a shame for my position because obviously where I play, as a striker, he is a guy who can provide you with very good passes. As a friend, we've got a very good relationship and I'm going to miss him a lot."
Meanwhile, the Santa Cruz de Tenerife native admitted that it will be a tough task to overcome the Blues, with Cesc on their side, should they meet in Europe's top-tier competition.
"In terms of Chelsea being Champions League rivals of ours, they've built a very good team and with Cesc as well, they're going to be very difficult to beat," he added.
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao: ‘Money Is Not An Issue, Mayweather Has Not Responded To Challenge Of A Charity Match’
- Roger Federer Hailed Swiss Sportsman Of The Year, Beating Stan Wawrinka
- Hoax Alert: Floyd Mayweather Didn’t Die Of Drug Overdose
- NFL News: Chicago Bears Likely To Fire Head Coach Marc Trestman At End Of NFL Season
- NBA Trade Discussions ‘Tremendous’; 10 Teams Including Rockets, Clippers and Hornets Active For Probable Deals—NBA Insider