Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
By Dana Alyssa Ramos | July 31, 2014 11:36 PM EST
Local residents are having problems with the stilted wooden playhouse and slide in the grounds of Roger Federer's property in Valbella, in the canton of Graubünden.
Roger Federer of Switzerland returns the ball to Ernests Gulbis of Latvia during their men's singles match at the French Open tennis tournament at the Roland Garros stadium in Paris June 1, 2014.
The playground is said to be hindering the neighbourhood's view of the mountains and has breached construction ban in the municipality. As such, authorities immediately made an action with the complaint. They examined the construction of the playhouse and they found out that there are permission rules that prohibit construction in that part of the property's grounds.
According to Andrea Bianchi, lawyer for the complainants, his clients has no issue against the play area in principle but it should not have been built within the building exclusion zone.
Although the tennis superstar granted permission, Federer's neighbours were also complaining about the presence of a two metre-high wire fence around the property and planting of tall trees in the garden.
Thus far, the dispute is still not resolved but Federer and his neighbours are trying to fix the problem by finding amicable solution to the on-going issue, Bianchi said via 20min.ch. The two camps have until mid-September to settle and clear the disagreement.
When asked if he is hoping for an amicable settlement, Bianchi answered, "Perhaps it is in the height of the fence and the Lebhags still find a compromise with Federer."
In 2008, the world no. 3 and his wife Mirka Federer bought the 8,000 square metre piece of land in a prime location before demolishing the house and building two villas.
Federer, from Basel, has had a long experience with Valbella, having spent his childhood skiing in the area.
The couple have twins. Girls Myla and Charlene were born in 2009, while twin boys Leo and Lennart arrived in May this year.
The identical girls were seen supporting their father at the recent Wimbledon tournament.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Sugar Ray Leonard Adds Fuel To Pacquiao-Mayweather Clamour
- Muslim NFL Player Husain Abdullah Penalised For Praying After Touchdown
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes