Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
By Dana Alyssa Ramos | July 31, 2014 11:36 PM EST
Local residents are having problems with the stilted wooden playhouse and slide in the grounds of Roger Federer's property in Valbella, in the canton of Graubünden.
Roger Federer of Switzerland returns the ball to Ernests Gulbis of Latvia during their men's singles match at the French Open tennis tournament at the Roland Garros stadium in Paris June 1, 2014.
The playground is said to be hindering the neighbourhood's view of the mountains and has breached construction ban in the municipality. As such, authorities immediately made an action with the complaint. They examined the construction of the playhouse and they found out that there are permission rules that prohibit construction in that part of the property's grounds.
According to Andrea Bianchi, lawyer for the complainants, his clients has no issue against the play area in principle but it should not have been built within the building exclusion zone.
Although the tennis superstar granted permission, Federer's neighbours were also complaining about the presence of a two metre-high wire fence around the property and planting of tall trees in the garden.
Thus far, the dispute is still not resolved but Federer and his neighbours are trying to fix the problem by finding amicable solution to the on-going issue, Bianchi said via 20min.ch. The two camps have until mid-September to settle and clear the disagreement.
When asked if he is hoping for an amicable settlement, Bianchi answered, "Perhaps it is in the height of the fence and the Lebhags still find a compromise with Federer."
In 2008, the world no. 3 and his wife Mirka Federer bought the 8,000 square metre piece of land in a prime location before demolishing the house and building two villas.
Federer, from Basel, has had a long experience with Valbella, having spent his childhood skiing in the area.
The couple have twins. Girls Myla and Charlene were born in 2009, while twin boys Leo and Lennart arrived in May this year.
The identical girls were seen supporting their father at the recent Wimbledon tournament.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage