Upcoming Features Of Samsung Galaxy Alpha
By Precious Silva | July 31, 2014 11:36 PM EST
Samsung Galaxy Alpha has been making the news recently especially following reports that it will take the place of the reported Galaxy F/Galaxy S5 Prime. The device will launch on August 4 against previous claims of an August 13 launch. More importantly, latest leaks provide more details about the device including a 4.8-inch display with 720x1280 pixels.
New Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone (L), Gear 2 smartwatch (C) and Gear Fit fitness band are displayed at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona February 23, 2014. Samsung Electronics unveiled a new smart watch and fitness band along with the latest version of its flagship Galaxy smartphone on Monday, demonstrating how the battleground for innovation is shifting from the hand to the wrist. Picture taken on February 23. REUTERS/Albert Gea
Samsung is best known for offering a multitude of devices including various renders of its flagship. This is the reason why it came as no surprise once news sprung about a Galaxy S5 Prime series. However, that series did not materialize until this time. While new details about the Samsung Galaxy Alpha emerge, the more the market realizes that it is not the premium line everyone is hoping fore. The 4.8-inch screen with 720 x 1280 pixels is hardly a notch above other competitors.
SamMobile did report the device to come with a fingerprint scanner and 32GB internal memory. Business Insider also noted that the device may come with a semi-metal design. The report pointed out that despite the metal material present on the device's build, it may not be a high end as the Galaxy S5. The Samsung Galaxy Alpha falls more under a mid-range device.
According to reports, one of the reasons that Samsung has resulted to semi-metal constructions instead of all-metal builds is because Apple has secured most of the supply in China. Some consider the Galaxy Alpha as a means to filter customers for the iPhone 6 although analysts are more convinced about the Galaxy Note 4 fighting against Apple's upcoming flagship.
Samsung has not revealed official or final details yet about the Galaxy Alpha or the Galaxy Note 4. The announcement should be just around the corner especially with the speculated date nearing. The company has also been a slump recently after Bloomberg reported sales slumping for the latest financial quarter.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide