Jeremy Lin Posts Hilarious YouTube Video and Feeds the Homeless after L.A. Lakers Trade
By Dana Alyssa Ramos | July 31, 2014 11:35 PM EST
Jul 24, 2014; El Segundo, CA, USA; Los Angeles Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak introduces Jeremy Lin during a press conference at Toyota Sports Center.
The NBA superstar is literally going to Hollywood and returning to California in 2014-2015 after being traded to the Los Angeles Lakers. The Harvard graduate is now taking advantage of the perks of Hollywood and posted a hilarious parody video where Lin starred, featuring musician AJ Rafael, actor Harry Shum and filmmaker Phil Wang.
The YouTube video lasted for about six minutes only, yet it contains two musical numbers, neither of which is about Hollywood.
The first number in the video has a clear message, which is "Cheer up, Jeremy," and it has something to do with Lin getting "mean tweets." The second number is pretty vague and it's say to say what it is about.
It appears that a fair amount of effort went into this short film. It also presents young men who are in the entertainment business, including Harry Shum Jr. of Glee, which sends a faint signal of a Hollywood tie.
Meanwhile, the former Houston Rockets player made his introduction with the Los Angeles Lakers this week by joining a non-profit ministry in feeding the homeless of the City of Angels' infamous Skid Row. Not only that, he also gave a message to Lakers supporters, giving them a promise that he would play for God and play aggressively.
"Famed shooter Jeremy Lin who was recently acquired by the L.A. Lakers, embraced his new city by serving meals to the homeless today along with teammates Xavier Henry and Laker Girls at The Midnight Mission SoCal's largest social service provider," the non-profit ministry claimed.
There were photos released on The Midnight Mission's Facebook page where the 25-year old can be spotted wearing an apron and standing behind a table with partners of the mission handing out Lakers-themed gift bags and serving guests their lunches.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Chelsea FC Injury Update: Diego Costa Fully Fit Ahead Of West Brom Clash, Says Mourinho
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced