Jeremy Lin Posts Hilarious YouTube Video and Feeds the Homeless after L.A. Lakers Trade
By Dana Alyssa Ramos | July 31, 2014 11:35 PM EST
Jul 24, 2014; El Segundo, CA, USA; Los Angeles Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak introduces Jeremy Lin during a press conference at Toyota Sports Center.
The NBA superstar is literally going to Hollywood and returning to California in 2014-2015 after being traded to the Los Angeles Lakers. The Harvard graduate is now taking advantage of the perks of Hollywood and posted a hilarious parody video where Lin starred, featuring musician AJ Rafael, actor Harry Shum and filmmaker Phil Wang.
The YouTube video lasted for about six minutes only, yet it contains two musical numbers, neither of which is about Hollywood.
The first number in the video has a clear message, which is "Cheer up, Jeremy," and it has something to do with Lin getting "mean tweets." The second number is pretty vague and it's say to say what it is about.
It appears that a fair amount of effort went into this short film. It also presents young men who are in the entertainment business, including Harry Shum Jr. of Glee, which sends a faint signal of a Hollywood tie.
Meanwhile, the former Houston Rockets player made his introduction with the Los Angeles Lakers this week by joining a non-profit ministry in feeding the homeless of the City of Angels' infamous Skid Row. Not only that, he also gave a message to Lakers supporters, giving them a promise that he would play for God and play aggressively.
"Famed shooter Jeremy Lin who was recently acquired by the L.A. Lakers, embraced his new city by serving meals to the homeless today along with teammates Xavier Henry and Laker Girls at The Midnight Mission SoCal's largest social service provider," the non-profit ministry claimed.
There were photos released on The Midnight Mission's Facebook page where the 25-year old can be spotted wearing an apron and standing behind a table with partners of the mission handing out Lakers-themed gift bags and serving guests their lunches.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Novak Djokovic Receives Peugeot 107 Pedal Car For His Newborn
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS