NBA News: Sacramento Kings Acquire Omri Casspi at League Minimum
By Lou Imperial | July 31, 2014 11:14 PM EST
The Sacramento Kings have reportedly signed Israeli forward Omri Casspi at a league minimum deal, a reliable league source disclosed on Thursday.
According to Marc Stein of ESPN, the Kings have cleverly signed Casspi to a one-year deal at a league minimum deal to keep them below the luxury tax threshold.
NBA: Sacramento Kings at New York Knicks
"The Kings had been at $75,852,705 in team salary, according to the latest estimates from Basketball Insiders, just $976,295 shy of the tax threshold," Hoops Rumors reported on Thursday.
"Casspi will make $1,063,384 as a five-year veteran at the minimum salary, but Sacramento will only be on the hook for the portion equivalent to the two-year veteran's minimum of $915,243, since it's a one-year contract. The league will pick up the tab for the rest."
Stein added the feeling is mutual between Casspi and the Kings to reunite after the Israeli star was traded to the Cleveland Cavaliers that saw his numbers took a significant nosedive.
"It nonetheless appears as though they maintained interest, and the feeling had been mutual for Casspi, who spoke in recent days of his fondness for a return to Sacramento," Stein reported via Hoops Rumors.
Casspi averaged 9.5 points in 24.5 minutes per game with 37.1% shooting in his first two seasons with the Kings. However, his numbers dropped to 4.0 points and 2.7 rebounds in his third season with the Cavs.
In his lone season with the Houston Rockets, Casspi had a sort of a bounced back year by averaging 6.9 points, 3.7 rebounds and 1.2 assists while shooting 42 percent from the field in 18 minutes of action a game.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Sugar Ray Leonard Adds Fuel To Pacquiao-Mayweather Clamour
- Muslim NFL Player Husain Abdullah Penalised For Praying After Touchdown
- Manchester United Defender Phil Jones Fit To Play Versus Everton
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build