NBA News: Sacramento Kings Acquire Omri Casspi at League Minimum
By Lou Imperial | July 31, 2014 11:14 PM EST
The Sacramento Kings have reportedly signed Israeli forward Omri Casspi at a league minimum deal, a reliable league source disclosed on Thursday.
According to Marc Stein of ESPN, the Kings have cleverly signed Casspi to a one-year deal at a league minimum deal to keep them below the luxury tax threshold.
NBA: Sacramento Kings at New York Knicks
"The Kings had been at $75,852,705 in team salary, according to the latest estimates from Basketball Insiders, just $976,295 shy of the tax threshold," Hoops Rumors reported on Thursday.
"Casspi will make $1,063,384 as a five-year veteran at the minimum salary, but Sacramento will only be on the hook for the portion equivalent to the two-year veteran's minimum of $915,243, since it's a one-year contract. The league will pick up the tab for the rest."
Stein added the feeling is mutual between Casspi and the Kings to reunite after the Israeli star was traded to the Cleveland Cavaliers that saw his numbers took a significant nosedive.
"It nonetheless appears as though they maintained interest, and the feeling had been mutual for Casspi, who spoke in recent days of his fondness for a return to Sacramento," Stein reported via Hoops Rumors.
Casspi averaged 9.5 points in 24.5 minutes per game with 37.1% shooting in his first two seasons with the Kings. However, his numbers dropped to 4.0 points and 2.7 rebounds in his third season with the Cavs.
In his lone season with the Houston Rockets, Casspi had a sort of a bounced back year by averaging 6.9 points, 3.7 rebounds and 1.2 assists while shooting 42 percent from the field in 18 minutes of action a game.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Calls Out On Floyd Mayweather Jr. Again After Unbeaten Boxer Mocks Him With His KO Video
- NFL Thanksgiving Games: Chicago Vs. Detroit, Philadelphia Vs. Dallas, And Seattle Vs. San Francisco Live Streaming Info and Preview
- 2014 NFL Thanksgiving Games Results: Detroit Lions, Philadelphia Eagles, Seattle Seahawks Notch All-Important Wins With Major Postseason Implications
- Phil Hughes No More: Australian Batsman Dies at 25
- Derrick Rose Is Lying About His Health Says ESPN Analyst Stephen A. Smith
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Lowe's Black Friday 2014 Deals Include Up To 40% Off On Select Major Appliances, Plus Free Shipping For Orders Of $19 Or More