NBA News: Sacramento Kings Acquire Omri Casspi at League Minimum
By Lou Imperial | July 31, 2014 11:14 PM EST
The Sacramento Kings have reportedly signed Israeli forward Omri Casspi at a league minimum deal, a reliable league source disclosed on Thursday.
According to Marc Stein of ESPN, the Kings have cleverly signed Casspi to a one-year deal at a league minimum deal to keep them below the luxury tax threshold.
NBA: Sacramento Kings at New York Knicks
"The Kings had been at $75,852,705 in team salary, according to the latest estimates from Basketball Insiders, just $976,295 shy of the tax threshold," Hoops Rumors reported on Thursday.
"Casspi will make $1,063,384 as a five-year veteran at the minimum salary, but Sacramento will only be on the hook for the portion equivalent to the two-year veteran's minimum of $915,243, since it's a one-year contract. The league will pick up the tab for the rest."
Stein added the feeling is mutual between Casspi and the Kings to reunite after the Israeli star was traded to the Cleveland Cavaliers that saw his numbers took a significant nosedive.
"It nonetheless appears as though they maintained interest, and the feeling had been mutual for Casspi, who spoke in recent days of his fondness for a return to Sacramento," Stein reported via Hoops Rumors.
Casspi averaged 9.5 points in 24.5 minutes per game with 37.1% shooting in his first two seasons with the Kings. However, his numbers dropped to 4.0 points and 2.7 rebounds in his third season with the Cavs.
In his lone season with the Houston Rockets, Casspi had a sort of a bounced back year by averaging 6.9 points, 3.7 rebounds and 1.2 assists while shooting 42 percent from the field in 18 minutes of action a game.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage