Transfer News: Madrid Boss Expresses Interest in Manchester United Forward
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 31, 2014 11:06 PM EST
Atletico Madrid boss Diego Simeone expressed his interest in bringing in out-of-favour Manchester United forward Javier Hernandez.
Ron Chenoy-USA TODAY Sports
Manchester United head coach Louis van Gaal welcomes forward Javier Chicharito Hernandez (14) onto the pitch in the second half against AS Roma at Sports Authority Field. Manchester United defeated AS Roma 3-2.
Chicharito, who is perceived to come fourth in the pecking order behind Robin van Persie, Wayne Rooney, and Danny Welbeck, could be left to part ways with the Red Devils this summer, as manager Louis van Gaal looks to build a squad to his liking.
Meanwhile, Simeone, aside from signing Mario Mandzukic from Bayern Munich, is still in search for players who could help the club sustain its domestic and European success.
"He's a vertical player, he's great in one-on-one situations and he's someone who could be useful to any team," said the Argentine manager.
"We are speaking to the sporting directors about the type of player we want and then it's up to them to bring the player in."
"With Javier Hernandez and lots of other great players, anything is possible. We can't close any door until the transfer window shuts."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’