LG G3 To Debut Moon Violet and Burgundy Red Shades in August; Upcoming LG Devices Roundup
By Pavithra Rathinavel | July 31, 2014 9:48 PM EST
Last week, LG reported its Q2 results posting a quarterly net profit of $400 million on revenue. According to LG, the mobile unit sales growth surged 16% to $3.5 billion. This is predominantly due to the strong shipment number from the sales of 14.5 million smartphone units. Packed with killer features and incredible under the hood performance LG G3 is making all the right noises. However, we now have two fresh and vivid colour options to choose from when purchasing LG G3.
Models pose for photographs with LG Electronics' flagship G3 high-end smartphone at its unveiling ceremony in Seoul May 28, 2014. South Korea's LG Electronics Inc launched a revamped version of its flagship G3 high-end smartphone at a discount to its predecessor model on Wednesday and said it would ship more than 10 million units to improve its ailing handset business.
When LG G3 was released, the company promised a total of five colour choices. This includes Metallic Black, Silk White, Shine Gold, Moon Violet, and Burgundy Red. Nevertheless, only three shades were made available. But now, LG has announced that the Moon Violet and Burgundy Red coloured LG G3 will be available starting August in several markets, according to Phone Arena.
Even though there is no clarity on which global markets are targeted at this point, the colours would depend on the carriers' preference as well. In the U.S., the LG G3 can be availed from AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile in black and white shades. Sprint, on the other hand, provides black and gold colour choices at this point.
As a refresher, the LG G3 features a phablet-like 5.5-inch display bundled with 2,560 x 1,440 pixels (Quad HD) screen resolution. The unique selling point of the G3 is the two different combinations of RAM and memory choices. The handset is powered by a superior quad-core (Qualcomm Snapdragon 801) Krait 400 processor, clocked at 2.5 GHz.
Furthermore, the device houses a 2 GB of RAM (if opted for 16 GB of storage) and a 3 GB of RAM (If opted for 32 GB of storage). It is worth noting that, not all markets are offering both the RAM/ in-built memory combinations.
Upcoming LG Devices
A leaked user manual pertaining to the LG G3 Mini confirmed the existence of the compact device from LG. The LG G3 Mini also goes by the name "LG G3 S." The key specifications include 5-inch IPS LCD display and 720 x 1,280 pixels resolution. The compact device will reportedly be powered by a quad-core (Qualcomm Snapdragon 400) processor clocked at 1.2 GHz and 2 GB of RAM.
Other than the G3 Mini, LG G3 Prime powered by a killer Snapdragon 805 Processor is in the offing. This phone was spotted in Korea under the name of LG G3 Cat. 6 with LTE A support.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates