OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
By Pavithra Rathinavel | July 31, 2014 9:47 PM EST
OnePlus One was released in June, whereas the latest Moto X+1 is expected to be released towards the end of summer. It is worth noting that, the OnePlus One is one of the killer phones of 2014 that comes packed with terrific features and has the potential to contend with the top-sellers. The Moto X+1, on the other hand, is the successor of the much-loved Moto X handset.
Attendees play a check-in game to win prizes by tapping their NFC-enabled Android smartphones at the Google I/O developers conference in San Francisco June 25, 2014.
Readers who are interested in the latest OnePlus One or the upcoming Moto X+1 should check out the specifications, features and price comparison.
Display and Exterior
The OnePlus One comes with a LG G3-like 5.5-inch LTPS LCD display, whereas the Moto X+1 will feature a relatively smaller 5.1-inch display. In addition, both the handsets come bundled with the same screen resolution of 1,080 x 1,920 pixels. However, the pixel density differs. The OnePlus One can support up to 401 ppi while the Moto X+1 is expected to support up to 441 ppi.
The phablet-like screen sizes in combination with good screen resolutions and pixel densities provide stunning viewing experience in the OnePlus One and the Moto X+1 handsets. However, the unique selling point of the OnePlus One handset is the magnesium exterior. In addition, the One's rear panel is alterable with a choice of bamboo, kevlar, and denim. Similar to the Moto X, the Moto X+1 is also expected to come with alterable back panel choices with the help of Motorola Moto Maker.
Even though, the information pertaining to the upcoming Moto X+1's exterior is not available at this point, here is how the predecessor Moto X looks like. The Moto X comes with a thin and a sleek body that provides premium look from every angle. The exterior of the handset is made of PET composite, a durable plastic. Even though, the handset looks sturdy from the outside, the weight of the device is kept nominal. In addition, the back-side has a soft-touch finish that provides good grip.
Hardware, Software and Memory
The OnePlus One is powered by a solid quad-core (Qualcomm Snapdragon 801) Krait 400 processor, clocked at 2.5 GHz and 3 GB of RAM. The Moto X+1, meanwhile, will reportedly be powered by a relatively inferior Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor and 2 GB of RAM.
OnePlus One runs on the unique combination of Android v4.4.2 KitKat OS with CyanogenMod 11S UI, while the Moto X+1 is expected to run on Android v4.4.4 KitKat OS out of the box. When it comes to memory, the OnePlus One provides 16 GB and 64 GB of internal storage with no microSD card support. Although many different capacities are being speculated, the Moto X+1 would likely come with 32 GB of internal storage capacity with no microSD card support.
Camera and Battery
The OnePlus One sports a 13 MP rear-facing camera with dual-LED flash and a 5 MP front-facing shooter. The Moto X+1, on the other hand, is expected to house a 12 MP primary camera with LED flash and the same 5 MP secondary camera unit. Furthermore, the Moto X+1 houses a Li-Ion 2900 mAh battery unit, whereas the OnePlus One comes with a powerful Li-Ion 3100 mAh battery unit. Both the batteries are not user-replaceable.
1. Both the phones come equipped with Wi-Fi, 4G/3G/2G and Wi-Fi hotspot support. However, the difference comes in the form of Bluetooth connectivity. The OnePlus One goes one step further and supports Bluetooth v4.1, while the Moto X+1 will support the standard Bluetooth v4.0.
2. Besides, both the phones support NFC.
3. According to earlier reports, it was rumoured that the Moto X+1 will provide microSD support for expansion up to 128 GB. It remains to be seen though if this feature will indeed be realized.
3. Also, the OnePlus One comes in silk white and sandstone black, whereas the Moto X+1 is expected to come with black and white front panel and a customizable 25 different colour options for the back panel similar to the predecessor.
4. Interested readers should check out this Bamboo StyleSwap Cover specific to OnePlus One handset that comes for US$49.
Price and Release Date
The OnePlus One 16 GB with 4G LTE is priced at AU$479.95 in Australia, while the Moto X+1 will reportedly be priced at US$400 (roughly translates to AU$430). As mentioned earlier, the Moto X+1 will be released by the end of summer i.e. either August or September.
3. New NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet vs. Nexus 7 - Specs, Features, Release Date and Price Showdown - [Read]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Product Recall: Graco Recalls Baby Strollers in Canada, U.S. Due To Amputation Risks
- New Zealand Assured China-Australia Deal Will Not Affect Demand
- Canada's Ontario Students Score High Rank In Global Survey Of Computer Skills