Transfer News: Former Red Devil Reveals Why He Chose Juventus
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 31, 2014 9:03 PM EST
Patrice Evra had numerous offers from top European clubs this summer after revealing his intention to move on to a new chapter of his playing career.
However, he chose Juventus since he believes that the Italian outfit has the mentality that coincides with his.
Germany's Thomas Mueller is tackled by France's Patrice Evra during their 2014 World Cup quarter-finals at the Maracana stadium in Rio de Janeiro July 4, 2014.
"I am someone who likes to win, I chose a team like Juve to win and I will do my best to give all that I can for the club, for the fans, for the coach and for my team-mates," said the 33-year-old.
The French international, who despite winning five Premier League titles and one Champions League crown, among others, with United, still feels excited to take on the challenge at hand.
"I start a new adventure. I come from a club like Manchester, where I won everything and now I'm here with the Bianconeri where I have done nothing yet," he added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match