Lily Allen's Hard Work Disregarded, Songs Removed from Bridget Jones Musical
By Annie Dee | July 31, 2014 8:47 PM EST
Lily Allen's hard work on her soundtrack has reportedly gone to waste. Lily admits that her soundtrack will not be part of the new "Bridget Jones" musical. Reportedly, plans to showcase some of the Lily Allen's songs in the musical has been scrapped because there is a change in the story. This made the songs unsuitable for the musical.
Singer Lily Allen arrives for the BRIT Awards, celebrating British pop music, at the O2 Arena in London February 19, 2014. REUTERS/Luke MacGregor
Recently, the 29 year old singer previewed one of the songs that would be included on the upcoming Bridget Jones musical. However, a change in the story by writer Helen Fielding rendered all this effort useless. "Yummy," which is the title of the song, will not be included anymore. The love song is supposed to be dedicated to a fridge, but a change in the script made the song irrelevant. Lily Allen shared to The Sun Newspaper the bad news herself.
''I wrote some great music for it but Helen Fielding wants to go back and write a whole new story. 'It's been a long-term project and I was happy to do my bit but I'm now out of the picture," said Allen.
The year is simply not working out for Allen. Her return to the pop scene was met with a lot of difficulties. Even though her "Sheezus" album managed to reach the top spot in the UK charts, it also went down quickly from then on. Her recent singles barely made it to the charts. They were never in the UK Top 40.
Still, Lily refuses to be depressed. In fact, she really is upbeat and hopeful that doors will open for her quickly soon.
''I've had two companies come to me and say, 'Have you got ideas?' They want me to find a movie that I think I could adapt well and I do have some ideas that I think would work. So my work may make it to the West End yet,'' stated Allen.
"I saw it at the O2 in London [in May], and I'm not exaggerating when I say it's one of the best shows that I've seen in years," quips Allen. "It's up there with an Oasis show or the Stone Roses or something. It's kind of incredible to watch -- she's a real force. There's no two ways about it, she's meant to be up there doing that."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles