Lily Allen's Hard Work Disregarded, Songs Removed from Bridget Jones Musical
By Annie Dee | July 31, 2014 8:47 PM EST
Lily Allen's hard work on her soundtrack has reportedly gone to waste. Lily admits that her soundtrack will not be part of the new "Bridget Jones" musical. Reportedly, plans to showcase some of the Lily Allen's songs in the musical has been scrapped because there is a change in the story. This made the songs unsuitable for the musical.
Singer Lily Allen arrives for the BRIT Awards, celebrating British pop music, at the O2 Arena in London February 19, 2014. REUTERS/Luke MacGregor
Recently, the 29 year old singer previewed one of the songs that would be included on the upcoming Bridget Jones musical. However, a change in the story by writer Helen Fielding rendered all this effort useless. "Yummy," which is the title of the song, will not be included anymore. The love song is supposed to be dedicated to a fridge, but a change in the script made the song irrelevant. Lily Allen shared to The Sun Newspaper the bad news herself.
''I wrote some great music for it but Helen Fielding wants to go back and write a whole new story. 'It's been a long-term project and I was happy to do my bit but I'm now out of the picture," said Allen.
The year is simply not working out for Allen. Her return to the pop scene was met with a lot of difficulties. Even though her "Sheezus" album managed to reach the top spot in the UK charts, it also went down quickly from then on. Her recent singles barely made it to the charts. They were never in the UK Top 40.
Still, Lily refuses to be depressed. In fact, she really is upbeat and hopeful that doors will open for her quickly soon.
''I've had two companies come to me and say, 'Have you got ideas?' They want me to find a movie that I think I could adapt well and I do have some ideas that I think would work. So my work may make it to the West End yet,'' stated Allen.
"I saw it at the O2 in London [in May], and I'm not exaggerating when I say it's one of the best shows that I've seen in years," quips Allen. "It's up there with an Oasis show or the Stone Roses or something. It's kind of incredible to watch -- she's a real force. There's no two ways about it, she's meant to be up there doing that."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions