Lily Allen's Hard Work Disregarded, Songs Removed from Bridget Jones Musical
By Annie Dee | July 31, 2014 8:47 PM EST
Lily Allen's hard work on her soundtrack has reportedly gone to waste. Lily admits that her soundtrack will not be part of the new "Bridget Jones" musical. Reportedly, plans to showcase some of the Lily Allen's songs in the musical has been scrapped because there is a change in the story. This made the songs unsuitable for the musical.
Singer Lily Allen arrives for the BRIT Awards, celebrating British pop music, at the O2 Arena in London February 19, 2014. REUTERS/Luke MacGregor
Recently, the 29 year old singer previewed one of the songs that would be included on the upcoming Bridget Jones musical. However, a change in the story by writer Helen Fielding rendered all this effort useless. "Yummy," which is the title of the song, will not be included anymore. The love song is supposed to be dedicated to a fridge, but a change in the script made the song irrelevant. Lily Allen shared to The Sun Newspaper the bad news herself.
''I wrote some great music for it but Helen Fielding wants to go back and write a whole new story. 'It's been a long-term project and I was happy to do my bit but I'm now out of the picture," said Allen.
The year is simply not working out for Allen. Her return to the pop scene was met with a lot of difficulties. Even though her "Sheezus" album managed to reach the top spot in the UK charts, it also went down quickly from then on. Her recent singles barely made it to the charts. They were never in the UK Top 40.
Still, Lily refuses to be depressed. In fact, she really is upbeat and hopeful that doors will open for her quickly soon.
''I've had two companies come to me and say, 'Have you got ideas?' They want me to find a movie that I think I could adapt well and I do have some ideas that I think would work. So my work may make it to the West End yet,'' stated Allen.
"I saw it at the O2 in London [in May], and I'm not exaggerating when I say it's one of the best shows that I've seen in years," quips Allen. "It's up there with an Oasis show or the Stone Roses or something. It's kind of incredible to watch -- she's a real force. There's no two ways about it, she's meant to be up there doing that."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 21 Spoilers: Nick Shocks His Family And Summer’s Past Gets Revealed
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top 9 TV Deals Starting From $99 To $899