Kate Upton Thinks her Curves are Great Contrary to What Agents Claim
By Annie Dee | July 31, 2014 8:39 PM EST
Kate Upton became a household name for all the modelling works she has done locally and abroad. It can be assumed that her girl-next-door looks often made her a shoo-in to several campaigns. Her curves also work to her advantage. She now shared that this was really not the case all the time, citing the several agents who wanted to change her in order to book her jobs. She shared that she did not heed these advices because she loves her curves.
Supermodel Kate Upton poses at the launch party of the Sports Illustrated's 2013 Swimsuit issue, which features her on the cover, in New York February 12, 2013
Kate Upton admits to Elle UK that several agents in the modelling industry wanted her to lose weight so that she can squeeze into a smaller size. However, she did not allow their opinions to sway her, especially since she saw how much her clients loved her!
"Agents have put me under pressure to lose weight in the past. I would go on set and clients loved me. And then I would go into an agency and feel like crap about myself. They would say: 'Just lose five more [pounds]!" claimed the 22-year old to Elle UK.
She certainly got mixed signals there. Good thing she knew who to listen to: herself. She shared that she did not care about the agents' opinions because they are not the ones modelling. The feelings still stand up to today.
"To me, agents don't necessarily understand the realities of the industry; they're sitting behind a desk. 'They've never been on catalogue jobs, they've never travelled like models travel. They're bookers: they say: "Be on set at such and such a time." 'And sometimes they even get the address wrong. Terrible! I never listen. I'm fine,'" added Kate.
Considering how happy she was to finally got her curves when she was growing up, it's understandable why Kate would not want them to just vanish.
"When I first started modelling, I was a normal catalogue model. Then, I became a woman, and I was really excited about becoming a woman. Because I'm from Florida, it's all about being in bathing suits. It's a different view of beauty there. You are ugly if you don't have a curvy body. And I didn't have one, and then I got one, and thought, "Yessss!" stated Upton.
Such a vivacious attitude and pretty face is bound to convince anyone to give her whatever she wants. That is why, it's surprising that she had to beg her boyfriend for a dog and got turned down to boot, as reported by Hollywood Gossip.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers For Sept. 22-26, 2014: Consequences Of The Crichton-Clark Blast
- Nude Photo Leak: Kim Kardashian, Vanessa Hudgens, Hope Solo Latest Victims Of Hacking Attack, Twitter Explodes With Reactions 'Not' In Support Of Kardashian -- Reports
- Ryan Gosling And Eva Mendes Gushes Over Newborn Daughter