Kate Upton Thinks her Curves are Great Contrary to What Agents Claim
By Annie Dee | July 31, 2014 8:39 PM EST
Kate Upton became a household name for all the modelling works she has done locally and abroad. It can be assumed that her girl-next-door looks often made her a shoo-in to several campaigns. Her curves also work to her advantage. She now shared that this was really not the case all the time, citing the several agents who wanted to change her in order to book her jobs. She shared that she did not heed these advices because she loves her curves.
Supermodel Kate Upton poses at the launch party of the Sports Illustrated's 2013 Swimsuit issue, which features her on the cover, in New York February 12, 2013
Kate Upton admits to Elle UK that several agents in the modelling industry wanted her to lose weight so that she can squeeze into a smaller size. However, she did not allow their opinions to sway her, especially since she saw how much her clients loved her!
"Agents have put me under pressure to lose weight in the past. I would go on set and clients loved me. And then I would go into an agency and feel like crap about myself. They would say: 'Just lose five more [pounds]!" claimed the 22-year old to Elle UK.
She certainly got mixed signals there. Good thing she knew who to listen to: herself. She shared that she did not care about the agents' opinions because they are not the ones modelling. The feelings still stand up to today.
"To me, agents don't necessarily understand the realities of the industry; they're sitting behind a desk. 'They've never been on catalogue jobs, they've never travelled like models travel. They're bookers: they say: "Be on set at such and such a time." 'And sometimes they even get the address wrong. Terrible! I never listen. I'm fine,'" added Kate.
Considering how happy she was to finally got her curves when she was growing up, it's understandable why Kate would not want them to just vanish.
"When I first started modelling, I was a normal catalogue model. Then, I became a woman, and I was really excited about becoming a woman. Because I'm from Florida, it's all about being in bathing suits. It's a different view of beauty there. You are ugly if you don't have a curvy body. And I didn't have one, and then I got one, and thought, "Yessss!" stated Upton.
Such a vivacious attitude and pretty face is bound to convince anyone to give her whatever she wants. That is why, it's surprising that she had to beg her boyfriend for a dog and got turned down to boot, as reported by Hollywood Gossip.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- 'Vampire Diaries' Season 6 Spoilers: Stefan Proposes To 'Elena Williams' In Promo Trailer For Episode 4 Titled 'Black Hole Sun' [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’: Blake And Louise Tell The True Story
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Oct. 20-24 Spoilers: An ‘Unexpected Visitor’ Changes Everything For Sami Plus Updates On Salemites
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- U.S. Missile Shield In Europe Opens In Romania: Russia's Reservations Ignored