George Clooney Signs Up for Jodie Foster's Upcoming Film Project as Money Monster
By Christine Jane Caparras | July 31, 2014 8:37 PM EST
Even as George Clooney is in the middle of preparations for his upcoming wedding to British Lawyer Amal Alamuddin, he still finds himself in high demand for film roles as he has recently been confirmed to be on board a project with fellow Hollywood A-Lister Jodie Foster.
U.S. actor George Clooney adjusts his bowtie as he arrives for the premiere of "Gravity" at the 70th Venice Film Festival in Venice in this file photo taken August 28, 2013. Clooney criticized Britain's Daily Mail on Wednesday for publishing a "completely fabricated" story saying his future mother-in-law is against his upcoming marriage to human rights lawyer Amal Alamuddin.
Clooney has reportedly been cast as the main character in "Money Monster" while Foster, an accomplished actress herself will this time go behind the camera as the film's director. The film is a financial thriller set in Wall Street and Clooney will portray the charismatic main character who is a TV personality that gained popularity through his insider trading tips.
The plot thickens when the character is held hostage while on-air by a man who unfortunately followed one of his financial tips but ended up losing his fortune. The story revolves around the drama that ensues as the man desperately tries to make the TV host and financial adviser find a way to get his fortune back all while the show is running on-air.
The independent project has now been backed by TriStar for an estimated $30 million budget. Other names involved in the project are writers Jamie Linden ("We are Marshall"), Alan DiFiore ("Grimm") and Jim Kouf ("National Treasure").
Jodie Foster shot to fame after appearing as a fresh-faced reporter in "The Silence of the Lambs" and has appeared in several other movies since then. She started out her directorial career in the early 90's with "Little Man Tate" and "Home for the Holidays." More recently, she showed off her directorial chops in "The Beaver" which came out in 2011 and then went behind the camera for a couple of TV projects including episodes of "Orange Is The New Black" and "House of Cards."
Clooney for his part has also tried his hand at directing films when he's not busy being the star of the show. Some of his directorial projects include "The Monuments Men" and "The Ides of March," While Clooney will be settling down very soon, it does not appear as though he intends to slow down. He also has another upcoming project, "Hail, Caesar!" which is set in 1950's Hollywood.
"Money Monster" is expected to start filming early in 2015 but no release date has been set.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Boxing News 2014: Social Media War Between Boxers Continues As Pacquiao Repeats Comment That Mayweather Acts Like Uneducated Person, While Ignoring ‘Miss Pac Man’ Post
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate