George Clooney Signs Up for Jodie Foster's Upcoming Film Project as Money Monster
By Christine Jane Caparras | July 31, 2014 8:37 PM EST
Even as George Clooney is in the middle of preparations for his upcoming wedding to British Lawyer Amal Alamuddin, he still finds himself in high demand for film roles as he has recently been confirmed to be on board a project with fellow Hollywood A-Lister Jodie Foster.
U.S. actor George Clooney adjusts his bowtie as he arrives for the premiere of "Gravity" at the 70th Venice Film Festival in Venice in this file photo taken August 28, 2013. Clooney criticized Britain's Daily Mail on Wednesday for publishing a "completely fabricated" story saying his future mother-in-law is against his upcoming marriage to human rights lawyer Amal Alamuddin.
Clooney has reportedly been cast as the main character in "Money Monster" while Foster, an accomplished actress herself will this time go behind the camera as the film's director. The film is a financial thriller set in Wall Street and Clooney will portray the charismatic main character who is a TV personality that gained popularity through his insider trading tips.
The plot thickens when the character is held hostage while on-air by a man who unfortunately followed one of his financial tips but ended up losing his fortune. The story revolves around the drama that ensues as the man desperately tries to make the TV host and financial adviser find a way to get his fortune back all while the show is running on-air.
The independent project has now been backed by TriStar for an estimated $30 million budget. Other names involved in the project are writers Jamie Linden ("We are Marshall"), Alan DiFiore ("Grimm") and Jim Kouf ("National Treasure").
Jodie Foster shot to fame after appearing as a fresh-faced reporter in "The Silence of the Lambs" and has appeared in several other movies since then. She started out her directorial career in the early 90's with "Little Man Tate" and "Home for the Holidays." More recently, she showed off her directorial chops in "The Beaver" which came out in 2011 and then went behind the camera for a couple of TV projects including episodes of "Orange Is The New Black" and "House of Cards."
Clooney for his part has also tried his hand at directing films when he's not busy being the star of the show. Some of his directorial projects include "The Monuments Men" and "The Ides of March," While Clooney will be settling down very soon, it does not appear as though he intends to slow down. He also has another upcoming project, "Hail, Caesar!" which is set in 1950's Hollywood.
"Money Monster" is expected to start filming early in 2015 but no release date has been set.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS