Liverpool FC Transfer News: Sunderland Keen on Signing Reds Striker
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 31, 2014 8:32 PM EST
Sunderland boss Gus Poyet confirmed that he is keen on acquiring last season's loanee and Liverpool striker Fabio Borini on a permanent basis.
The 23-year-old Italian moved to Anfield in 2012 from AS Roma, but failed to retain first-team status after being left on the sidelines for months due to a series of injuries.
Liverpool's Fabio Borini (R) leaves the field after being injured during their international friendly soccer match against AS Roma at Fenway Park in Boston, Massachusetts July 23, 2014. Fenway Park is the home of the MLB baseball team the Boston Red Sox.
He found his form, or at least a glimpse of it, when he joined the Black Cats last September, tallying 7 goals and 3 assists in 25 starts in the Premier League.
Poyet, however, revealed that a recent shoulder injury suffered in a preseason game against Roma slowed down negotiations.
"He is being assessed now for his shoulder injury. That's stopped everything a little bit,He is being assessed now for his shoulder injury. That's stopped everything a little bit," said the 46-year-old mentor.
"We will see. I have not held talks with him, but the club has, although that's private."
"We know where we stand."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Manchester United Owners Set To Sell Club In £3B Deal After Acquiring Cristiano Ronaldo, Report Says
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes