Liverpool FC Transfer News: Sunderland Keen on Signing Reds Striker
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 31, 2014 8:32 PM EST
Sunderland boss Gus Poyet confirmed that he is keen on acquiring last season's loanee and Liverpool striker Fabio Borini on a permanent basis.
The 23-year-old Italian moved to Anfield in 2012 from AS Roma, but failed to retain first-team status after being left on the sidelines for months due to a series of injuries.
Liverpool's Fabio Borini (R) leaves the field after being injured during their international friendly soccer match against AS Roma at Fenway Park in Boston, Massachusetts July 23, 2014. Fenway Park is the home of the MLB baseball team the Boston Red Sox.
He found his form, or at least a glimpse of it, when he joined the Black Cats last September, tallying 7 goals and 3 assists in 25 starts in the Premier League.
Poyet, however, revealed that a recent shoulder injury suffered in a preseason game against Roma slowed down negotiations.
"He is being assessed now for his shoulder injury. That's stopped everything a little bit,He is being assessed now for his shoulder injury. That's stopped everything a little bit," said the 46-year-old mentor.
"We will see. I have not held talks with him, but the club has, although that's private."
"We know where we stand."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch