Liverpool FC Transfer News: Sunderland Keen on Signing Reds Striker
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 31, 2014 8:32 PM EST
Sunderland boss Gus Poyet confirmed that he is keen on acquiring last season's loanee and Liverpool striker Fabio Borini on a permanent basis.
The 23-year-old Italian moved to Anfield in 2012 from AS Roma, but failed to retain first-team status after being left on the sidelines for months due to a series of injuries.
Liverpool's Fabio Borini (R) leaves the field after being injured during their international friendly soccer match against AS Roma at Fenway Park in Boston, Massachusetts July 23, 2014. Fenway Park is the home of the MLB baseball team the Boston Red Sox.
Manchester United Transfer News: Wilfried Zaha Might Stay After Impressing Van Gaal Against Inter [VIDEO]
He found his form, or at least a glimpse of it, when he joined the Black Cats last September, tallying 7 goals and 3 assists in 25 starts in the Premier League.
Poyet, however, revealed that a recent shoulder injury suffered in a preseason game against Roma slowed down negotiations.
"He is being assessed now for his shoulder injury. That's stopped everything a little bit,He is being assessed now for his shoulder injury. That's stopped everything a little bit," said the 46-year-old mentor.
"We will see. I have not held talks with him, but the club has, although that's private."
"We know where we stand."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- Guardiola Mockingly States That Man Utd Does Not Have The Means To Acquire Bayern Munich Players
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Superfight Won’t Happen Because Floyd Is Scared Of Left-Handed Boxers, Pacman - Bob Arum
- Serena Williams Shows Off Her Bikini Body With Eva Longoria At The Miami Beach After US Open Victory
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone