iPhone 6 New Release to Come with Solar Display for Wireless Charging and Better Battery life
By Precious Silva | July 31, 2014 7:50 PM EST
Apple's iPhone 6 continue to confuse the market with its upcoming features. Previously, predictions established that the device will come with a sapphire display but the remains debatable with current market conditions. Nonetheless, a recent Apple investment also suggests that the company may be planning on including solar power capabilities on the iPhone 6 - problem is this may have require sapphire material. What does the future of the iPhone 6 spell?
A woman holds her new Apple iPhone 5S after buying it at an Apple Store at Tokyo's Ginza shopping district September 20, 2013.
Apple has reportedly been ramping up its green initiatives with more investments happening. The Maiden data center of the company in North Carolina draws up its power from a huge 20MW solar farm already. According to the Guardian, Apple has been working on managing its own power supply while also encouraging similar companies to do the same thing.
Apple has also transformed its data centers making them reliant on clean energy instead. With the initiative clear, the Guardian supposes that Apple will also be readying its upcoming devices like the iPhone 6 for solar power. Apple made it clear that it wants some green credit.
"We know that our customers expect us to do the right thing about these issues," the Guardian quoted Lisa Jackson - vice-president of environmental initiatives.
Jackson also noted that the company has been intent on reducing its carbon footprint. "If you are using your iPhone, iPad, Siri or downloading a song, you don't have to worry if you are contributing to the climate change problem in the world because Apple has already thought about that for you. We've taken care of that. We're using clean energy," Jackson added.
Despite the clean initiative, the sapphire future of the iPhone 6 hangs in the balance. LEDInside said that its data suggests that Apple may not be able to incorporate the sapphire material noting no significant movements in sapphire price and demand in the market. Patterned sapphire substrate (PSS) and substrate prices went down this July by as much as 5-10%. The research firm did say that things can still take a turn although there should be more changes if Apple will push through with the supply.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James