Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Early Release Date due to Poor S5 Sales to Compete with iPhone 6
By Precious Silva | July 31, 2014 6:49 PM EST
Samsung and Apple's rivalry will continue this September as both companies rally up production to release their respective handsets. Apple will be releasing its iPhone 6 flagship while Samsung will launch is Galaxy Note 4. According to recent information, Samsung may be gearing up for an earlier September release in hopes of filtering and attracting potential iPhone customers.
New Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone (L), Gear 2 smartwatch (C) and Gear Fit fitness band are displayed at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona February 23, 2014. Samsung Electronics unveiled a new smart watch and fitness band along with the latest version of its flagship Galaxy smartphone on Monday, demonstrating how the battleground for innovation is shifting from the hand to the wrist. Picture taken on February 23. REUTERS/Albert Gea
Analysts mentioned before that Apple's iPhone 6 can possibly take away phablet users and interested consumers from other competitors. The bigger iPhone 6 will be a breath of fresh air gaining curiosity and potentially more sales along the process. According to Android Geeks, Samsung may want to impede that possibility by launching the Galaxy Note 4 ahead of competition.
According to reports, the IFA Berlin 2014 will be commencing on September 5. Previously, it was reported that a Samsung official hinted the release during the same event. However, Android Geeks reported that Samsung may want to hold a different Unpacked Event than the IFA. More importantly, Newstomato did note that Samsung wants to release the device early to stores just a few days following announcement. This goes against the company's usual tradition of announcing the device but releasing weeks or a few months after.
Some of the reported specs of the Galaxy Note 4 include 5.9-inch screen, Super AMOLED technology and Quad HD (1440 x 2560) resolution. There have been reports saying that Samsung may opt for the LCD screen instead to cut costs. The company has not made any official announcements about the specs of the device yet.
According to ET News, the early release of the Galaxy Note 4 can also be attributed to the poor sales of the S5 and not just the upcoming iPhone 6. The company wants to revive it smartphone sales as it fell short of profit expectations for the latest financial quarter.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family