Dakota Johnson Hopes Her Parents Won’t Watch Fifty Shades Of Grey
By Tanya Diente | July 31, 2014 6:30 PM EST
Dakota Johnson recently revealed on an early morning show that she hoped her parents wouldn't watch her new movie "Fifty Shades of Grey" because of her erotic scenes.
Lead stars Dakota Johnson and Jamie Dornan were present during the unveiling of the official trailer for their Valentine movie "Fifty Shades of Grey" on "The Today Show" on Thursday, July 24. Although those who tuned in to watch the show only saw a clip of the full trailer, the cast revealed the full trailer is more sensual so it was deemed unsuitable for an early morning show.
The movie adaptation of E.L. James' erotic novel of the same name is bound to be full of erotic scenes to live up to the novel's high BDSM content. For this reason, Dakota Johnson told "The Today Show" co-host Savannah Guthrie that she hoped her parents, Don Johnson and Melanie Griffith, wouldn't watch the movie.
"If it were them doing a (sexy) movie I wouldn't want them to see that (either)," she said.
Time suggested the actress doesn't want her parents to check out her acting skills as the lead star Anastasia Steele, who gets sexually seduced by a billionaire who is into sadomasochism.
"Not at all," Johnson said.
As for the erotic scenes, Dakota recalled doing it was "technical." She said the scenes were anything but intimate.
"It's not, like, a romantic situation," she said. The actress recalled doing the steamy scenes were more of a "choreographed task."
Meanwhile, Jamie Dornan, who plays the role of the kinky Christian Grey, claimed the "big part" when he and Dakota Johnson were doing the erotic scenes was "trust."
"Because, you know, we got ourselves into situations that don't feel that sort of natural and they're not that easy and you need to have the trust there," he said.
Clearly, the two stars have chemistry on set as what Today suggested.
"Fifty Shades of Grey" will open in US theaters on Feb. 13, 2015. Lynn Comella, a gender studies professor at the University of Nevada Las Vegas, told Today that the movie will spark a social event of female fans gathering to watch the movie.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best