Dakota Johnson Hopes Her Parents Won’t Watch Fifty Shades Of Grey
By Tanya Diente | July 31, 2014 6:30 PM EST
Dakota Johnson recently revealed on an early morning show that she hoped her parents wouldn't watch her new movie "Fifty Shades of Grey" because of her erotic scenes.
Lead stars Dakota Johnson and Jamie Dornan were present during the unveiling of the official trailer for their Valentine movie "Fifty Shades of Grey" on "The Today Show" on Thursday, July 24. Although those who tuned in to watch the show only saw a clip of the full trailer, the cast revealed the full trailer is more sensual so it was deemed unsuitable for an early morning show.
The movie adaptation of E.L. James' erotic novel of the same name is bound to be full of erotic scenes to live up to the novel's high BDSM content. For this reason, Dakota Johnson told "The Today Show" co-host Savannah Guthrie that she hoped her parents, Don Johnson and Melanie Griffith, wouldn't watch the movie.
"If it were them doing a (sexy) movie I wouldn't want them to see that (either)," she said.
Time suggested the actress doesn't want her parents to check out her acting skills as the lead star Anastasia Steele, who gets sexually seduced by a billionaire who is into sadomasochism.
"Not at all," Johnson said.
As for the erotic scenes, Dakota recalled doing it was "technical." She said the scenes were anything but intimate.
"It's not, like, a romantic situation," she said. The actress recalled doing the steamy scenes were more of a "choreographed task."
Meanwhile, Jamie Dornan, who plays the role of the kinky Christian Grey, claimed the "big part" when he and Dakota Johnson were doing the erotic scenes was "trust."
"Because, you know, we got ourselves into situations that don't feel that sort of natural and they're not that easy and you need to have the trust there," he said.
Clearly, the two stars have chemistry on set as what Today suggested.
"Fifty Shades of Grey" will open in US theaters on Feb. 13, 2015. Lynn Comella, a gender studies professor at the University of Nevada Las Vegas, told Today that the movie will spark a social event of female fans gathering to watch the movie.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS