Dakota Johnson Hopes Her Parents Won’t Watch Fifty Shades Of Grey
By Tanya Diente | July 31, 2014 6:30 PM EST
Dakota Johnson recently revealed on an early morning show that she hoped her parents wouldn't watch her new movie "Fifty Shades of Grey" because of her erotic scenes.
Lead stars Dakota Johnson and Jamie Dornan were present during the unveiling of the official trailer for their Valentine movie "Fifty Shades of Grey" on "The Today Show" on Thursday, July 24. Although those who tuned in to watch the show only saw a clip of the full trailer, the cast revealed the full trailer is more sensual so it was deemed unsuitable for an early morning show.
The movie adaptation of E.L. James' erotic novel of the same name is bound to be full of erotic scenes to live up to the novel's high BDSM content. For this reason, Dakota Johnson told "The Today Show" co-host Savannah Guthrie that she hoped her parents, Don Johnson and Melanie Griffith, wouldn't watch the movie.
"If it were them doing a (sexy) movie I wouldn't want them to see that (either)," she said.
Time suggested the actress doesn't want her parents to check out her acting skills as the lead star Anastasia Steele, who gets sexually seduced by a billionaire who is into sadomasochism.
"Not at all," Johnson said.
As for the erotic scenes, Dakota recalled doing it was "technical." She said the scenes were anything but intimate.
"It's not, like, a romantic situation," she said. The actress recalled doing the steamy scenes were more of a "choreographed task."
Meanwhile, Jamie Dornan, who plays the role of the kinky Christian Grey, claimed the "big part" when he and Dakota Johnson were doing the erotic scenes was "trust."
"Because, you know, we got ourselves into situations that don't feel that sort of natural and they're not that easy and you need to have the trust there," he said.
Clearly, the two stars have chemistry on set as what Today suggested.
"Fifty Shades of Grey" will open in US theaters on Feb. 13, 2015. Lynn Comella, a gender studies professor at the University of Nevada Las Vegas, told Today that the movie will spark a social event of female fans gathering to watch the movie.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Kit Harington Denies Romance With Co-stars Rose Leslie And Emilia Clarke
- 'The Big Bang Theory' Season 8 Episode 7 Spoilers: Penny Takes Off Her Ring In The Misinterpretation Agitation [VIDEO]
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family