Dakota Johnson Hopes Her Parents Won’t Watch Fifty Shades Of Grey
By Tanya Diente | July 31, 2014 6:30 PM EST
Dakota Johnson recently revealed on an early morning show that she hoped her parents wouldn't watch her new movie "Fifty Shades of Grey" because of her erotic scenes.
Lead stars Dakota Johnson and Jamie Dornan were present during the unveiling of the official trailer for their Valentine movie "Fifty Shades of Grey" on "The Today Show" on Thursday, July 24. Although those who tuned in to watch the show only saw a clip of the full trailer, the cast revealed the full trailer is more sensual so it was deemed unsuitable for an early morning show.
The movie adaptation of E.L. James' erotic novel of the same name is bound to be full of erotic scenes to live up to the novel's high BDSM content. For this reason, Dakota Johnson told "The Today Show" co-host Savannah Guthrie that she hoped her parents, Don Johnson and Melanie Griffith, wouldn't watch the movie.
"If it were them doing a (sexy) movie I wouldn't want them to see that (either)," she said.
Time suggested the actress doesn't want her parents to check out her acting skills as the lead star Anastasia Steele, who gets sexually seduced by a billionaire who is into sadomasochism.
"Not at all," Johnson said.
As for the erotic scenes, Dakota recalled doing it was "technical." She said the scenes were anything but intimate.
"It's not, like, a romantic situation," she said. The actress recalled doing the steamy scenes were more of a "choreographed task."
Meanwhile, Jamie Dornan, who plays the role of the kinky Christian Grey, claimed the "big part" when he and Dakota Johnson were doing the erotic scenes was "trust."
"Because, you know, we got ourselves into situations that don't feel that sort of natural and they're not that easy and you need to have the trust there," he said.
Clearly, the two stars have chemistry on set as what Today suggested.
"Fifty Shades of Grey" will open in US theaters on Feb. 13, 2015. Lynn Comella, a gender studies professor at the University of Nevada Las Vegas, told Today that the movie will spark a social event of female fans gathering to watch the movie.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft