Dakota Johnson Hopes Her Parents Won’t Watch Fifty Shades Of Grey
By Tanya Diente | July 31, 2014 6:30 PM EST
Dakota Johnson recently revealed on an early morning show that she hoped her parents wouldn't watch her new movie "Fifty Shades of Grey" because of her erotic scenes.
Lead stars Dakota Johnson and Jamie Dornan were present during the unveiling of the official trailer for their Valentine movie "Fifty Shades of Grey" on "The Today Show" on Thursday, July 24. Although those who tuned in to watch the show only saw a clip of the full trailer, the cast revealed the full trailer is more sensual so it was deemed unsuitable for an early morning show.
The movie adaptation of E.L. James' erotic novel of the same name is bound to be full of erotic scenes to live up to the novel's high BDSM content. For this reason, Dakota Johnson told "The Today Show" co-host Savannah Guthrie that she hoped her parents, Don Johnson and Melanie Griffith, wouldn't watch the movie.
"If it were them doing a (sexy) movie I wouldn't want them to see that (either)," she said.
Time suggested the actress doesn't want her parents to check out her acting skills as the lead star Anastasia Steele, who gets sexually seduced by a billionaire who is into sadomasochism.
"Not at all," Johnson said.
As for the erotic scenes, Dakota recalled doing it was "technical." She said the scenes were anything but intimate.
"It's not, like, a romantic situation," she said. The actress recalled doing the steamy scenes were more of a "choreographed task."
Meanwhile, Jamie Dornan, who plays the role of the kinky Christian Grey, claimed the "big part" when he and Dakota Johnson were doing the erotic scenes was "trust."
"Because, you know, we got ourselves into situations that don't feel that sort of natural and they're not that easy and you need to have the trust there," he said.
Clearly, the two stars have chemistry on set as what Today suggested.
"Fifty Shades of Grey" will open in US theaters on Feb. 13, 2015. Lynn Comella, a gender studies professor at the University of Nevada Las Vegas, told Today that the movie will spark a social event of female fans gathering to watch the movie.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- Taylor Swift's Famous Ex-Boyfriends: From Harry Styles To Joe Jonas [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Finale Spoiler: Blake Proposes To Top Favourite Of Season 2
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5: Human Flesh Burgers Unveiled To Celebrate TWD’s New Season
- George Clooney Divorced Talia Balsam Years Before Getting Married to Amal Alamuddin: Know About Clooney's Ex Wife
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Available Through O2 For £380, Other Carriers To Follow Soon
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money