Sony Xperia T3 vs. HTC Desire 816 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | July 31, 2014 6:25 PM EST
Released just four months apart both the Sony Xperia T3 and the HTC Desire 816 come with the same price tag in Australia. Here is a look at the specs and price of both the devices to help readers choose an appropriate device.
Display and Design
The Sony Xperia T3 comes with a 5.3-inch IPS LCD capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels. The HTC Desire 816 comes with a 5.5-inch Super LCD2 capacitive touch screen, which translates into 720 x 1280 pixels resolution.
Both the devices are about the same in this category. The Xperia T3 has 277 ppi pixels display density compared to the 267 ppi pixels display density on the Desire 816.
The Sony Xperia T3 measures 150.7 x 77 x 7 mm and weighs 148 grams. The HTC Desire 816 is slightly bigger, wider and thicker measuring 156.6 x 78.7 x 7.9 mm. The device is comparatively heavier weighing 165 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The Sony Xperia T3 is equipped with a 1.4 GHz quad core Cortex A7 processor and Qualcomm MSM8928-2 Snapdragon 400 chipset. It comes with 8 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 32 GB using a Micro SD card.
The HTC Desire 816 is equipped with a 1.6 GHz quad core Cortex A7 processor and Qualcomm MSM8928 Snapdragon 400 chipset. It comes with 8 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 128 GB using a Micro SD card.
Both the devices run on the Android KitKat operating system. The Xperia T3 has 1 GB of RAM whereas the Desire 816 has 1.5 GB of RAM. In terms of computing power the Desire 816 has a slight edge.
The Sony Xperia T3 sports an 8 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 1.1 MP. The HTC Desire 816 sports a 13 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 5 MP.
The Sony Xperia T3 comes with a non-removable Li-Ion 2500 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 14 hours and 14 minutes on 3G. The HTC Desire 816 comes with a non-removable Li-Po 2600 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 21 hours on 3G.
Price in Australia
Both the Sony Xperia T3 3G LTE and the HTC Desire 816 Dual SIM are priced at around AU $379.95 in Australia.
OnePlus One vs. Oppo Find 7 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
HTC Desire 616 vs. Motorola Moto G Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Motorola Droid Turbo v. Sony Xperia Z3: Camera Details, Battery Life And Durability
- ‘GTA V': 1.18 Update, Zombie DLC Release Date To Welcome Halloween
- Motorola Droid Turbo vs. Samsung Galaxy S5: Apps And Services, Camera Features, Battery Life And Durability
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family