Sony Xperia T3 vs. HTC Desire 816 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | July 31, 2014 6:25 PM EST
Released just four months apart both the Sony Xperia T3 and the HTC Desire 816 come with the same price tag in Australia. Here is a look at the specs and price of both the devices to help readers choose an appropriate device.
Display and Design
The Sony Xperia T3 comes with a 5.3-inch IPS LCD capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels. The HTC Desire 816 comes with a 5.5-inch Super LCD2 capacitive touch screen, which translates into 720 x 1280 pixels resolution.
Both the devices are about the same in this category. The Xperia T3 has 277 ppi pixels display density compared to the 267 ppi pixels display density on the Desire 816.
The Sony Xperia T3 measures 150.7 x 77 x 7 mm and weighs 148 grams. The HTC Desire 816 is slightly bigger, wider and thicker measuring 156.6 x 78.7 x 7.9 mm. The device is comparatively heavier weighing 165 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The Sony Xperia T3 is equipped with a 1.4 GHz quad core Cortex A7 processor and Qualcomm MSM8928-2 Snapdragon 400 chipset. It comes with 8 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 32 GB using a Micro SD card.
The HTC Desire 816 is equipped with a 1.6 GHz quad core Cortex A7 processor and Qualcomm MSM8928 Snapdragon 400 chipset. It comes with 8 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 128 GB using a Micro SD card.
Both the devices run on the Android KitKat operating system. The Xperia T3 has 1 GB of RAM whereas the Desire 816 has 1.5 GB of RAM. In terms of computing power the Desire 816 has a slight edge.
The Sony Xperia T3 sports an 8 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 1.1 MP. The HTC Desire 816 sports a 13 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 5 MP.
The Sony Xperia T3 comes with a non-removable Li-Ion 2500 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 14 hours and 14 minutes on 3G. The HTC Desire 816 comes with a non-removable Li-Po 2600 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 21 hours on 3G.
Price in Australia
Both the Sony Xperia T3 3G LTE and the HTC Desire 816 Dual SIM are priced at around AU $379.95 in Australia.
OnePlus One vs. Oppo Find 7 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
HTC Desire 616 vs. Motorola Moto G Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- 'The Sims 4' Official Mac Release: More Features Aside From Pools Expected To Be Included
- Motorola Nexus 6 vs. Sony Xperia Z3: Features On New Nexus To Match Latest Sony Phone
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Motorola Nexus 6 v HTC One M8, One M7: Reasons How New Nexus Can Match HTC Flagship Phones
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia