Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini: Android Smartphone Release Date in UK Stores Confirmed on August 7
By Jenalyn Villamarin | July 31, 2014 6:09 PM EST
After getting released Russia and Germany last July, the Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini is now headed to the retail stores in the United Kingdom. The South Korean technology giant announced that the mini version is scheduled to be released on Aug. 7, 2014.
A GSMArena report claims the Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini will be available as well on Samung's official online store and retailer Phones 4u on Thursday, Aug. 7. Pre-orders can be placed now on the S5 Mini which will be offered to the interested consumers in gold, blue, white and black colour choices.
The expected retail price for the Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini version is £389.95 (US$660). The pricing scheme is quite expensive compared to the mini variant being retailed in Germany at €380 (US$509) price. In MobileFun.com, the Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini 16 GB version is available for only £369 (US$625).
With Mobiles.co.uk, the pricing scheme on the Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini with contract has been revealed. It is estimated that the Android device will cost £23 (US$39) to £27 (US$46) a month with 500 minutes worth of calls, unlimited texts and 500 MB to 1 GB of data.
"With no handset charge, this is a great handset for users who love larger phones like the S5 but prefer them in a slightly smaller package," Rob Hodges, the Digital and mCommerce Marketer at Mobiles.co.uk, declared, according to a Know Your Mobile report.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini has a 4.5-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen display, 1.4 GHz quad-core processor, 1.5 GB of RAM, Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS, TouchWiz UI and 16 GB internal storage capacity that can be expanded up to 64 GB through the available microSD card slot. Additional features and specs include the 8 MP rear-facing camera with LED flash, 2.1 MP front-facing camera, LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11n, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, IR, NFC, GPS and a 2100mAh Li-Ion battery.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini will also have the IP67 certification found on the Samsung Galaxy S5 for dust and water resistance. The Heart Rate Monitor, Ultra Power Saving Mode, Kids Mode and Private Mode can be found as well on the mini variant of Samsung's flagship smartphone.
More Articles to Read:
Samsung Galaxy Alpha: Samsung to Unveil the Metal Version of Samsung Galaxy S5 in August - Report - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- The Xperia Z3: A Review On Sony’s New Flagship
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Developer Edition Now Available At $699.99, Without Instalment Plan Options
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles