Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini: Android Smartphone Release Date in UK Stores Confirmed on August 7
By Jenalyn Villamarin | July 31, 2014 6:09 PM EST
After getting released Russia and Germany last July, the Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini is now headed to the retail stores in the United Kingdom. The South Korean technology giant announced that the mini version is scheduled to be released on Aug. 7, 2014.
A GSMArena report claims the Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini will be available as well on Samung's official online store and retailer Phones 4u on Thursday, Aug. 7. Pre-orders can be placed now on the S5 Mini which will be offered to the interested consumers in gold, blue, white and black colour choices.
The expected retail price for the Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini version is £389.95 (US$660). The pricing scheme is quite expensive compared to the mini variant being retailed in Germany at €380 (US$509) price. In MobileFun.com, the Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini 16 GB version is available for only £369 (US$625).
With Mobiles.co.uk, the pricing scheme on the Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini with contract has been revealed. It is estimated that the Android device will cost £23 (US$39) to £27 (US$46) a month with 500 minutes worth of calls, unlimited texts and 500 MB to 1 GB of data.
"With no handset charge, this is a great handset for users who love larger phones like the S5 but prefer them in a slightly smaller package," Rob Hodges, the Digital and mCommerce Marketer at Mobiles.co.uk, declared, according to a Know Your Mobile report.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini has a 4.5-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen display, 1.4 GHz quad-core processor, 1.5 GB of RAM, Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS, TouchWiz UI and 16 GB internal storage capacity that can be expanded up to 64 GB through the available microSD card slot. Additional features and specs include the 8 MP rear-facing camera with LED flash, 2.1 MP front-facing camera, LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11n, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, IR, NFC, GPS and a 2100mAh Li-Ion battery.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini will also have the IP67 certification found on the Samsung Galaxy S5 for dust and water resistance. The Heart Rate Monitor, Ultra Power Saving Mode, Kids Mode and Private Mode can be found as well on the mini variant of Samsung's flagship smartphone.
More Articles to Read:
Samsung Galaxy Alpha: Samsung to Unveil the Metal Version of Samsung Galaxy S5 in August - Report - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible---Report
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- The Latest Nikon D750 Costs $2500, But The Full Frame Model Is Worth The Buy
- ‘Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare’: Sledgehammer Games Releases Launch Trailer, Smooth Multiplayer And Dedicated Servers
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar