Nokia Lumia 630 vs. Sony Xperia M Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | July 31, 2014 5:58 PM EST
Although the Nokia Lumia 630 was released almost one year after the Sony Xperia M, both devices are available for about the same price tag in Australia. Here is a look at the specs and price of both devices for the benefit of the readers.
Display and Design
The Nokia Lumia 630 comes with a 4.5-inch IPS LCD capacitive touch screen, which translates to a resolution of 480 x 854 pixels. The Sony Xperia M comes with a 4-inch TFT capacitive touch screen, which translates to a resolution of 480 x 854 pixels.
Both devices are about the same in this category. The Xperia M has a slight edge with 245 ppi pixels display density compared to the 218 ppi pixels display density on the Lumia 630.
The Nokia Lumia 630 measures 129.5 x 66.7 x 9.2 mm and weighs 134 grams. The Sony Xperia M is smaller and narrower measuring 124 x 62 x 9.3 mm dimensions and weighs 115 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The Nokia Lumia 630 is equipped with a 1.2-GHz quad-core Cortex-A7 processor and Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 chipset. It comes with 8 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 128 GB using a microSD card.
The Sony Xperia M is equipped with a 1-GHz dual-core Krait processor and Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Plus MSM8227 chipset. It comes with 4 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 32 GB using a microSD card.
The Nokia Lumia 630 runs on the Microsoft Windows Phone 8.1 operating system and has 512 MB of RAM. The Sony Xperia M runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system and has 1 GB of RAM. In terms of computing power, both devices are about the same. The Lumia 630 has a slight edge with a better processor, but the Xperia M has better RAM.
The Nokia Lumia 630 sports a 5-MP camera with autofocus and does not feature a secondary camera. The Sony Xperia M sports a 5-MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is a VGA camera.
The Nokia Lumia 630 comes with a Li-Ion 1,830-mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 13 hours and 10 minutes on 3G or music play of about 58 hours. The Sony Xperia M comes with a Li-Ion 1750-mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 9 hours on 3G or music play of about 39 hours and 24 minutes.
Price in Australia
The Nokia Lumia 630 Dual SIM is priced at around AU $199.95, and the Sony Xperia M Dual SIM is priced at around AU $209.95 in Australia.
OnePlus One vs. Oppo Find 7 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Updates; PokeNav And Pokemon Halloween Detailed
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage