Nokia Lumia 630 vs. Sony Xperia M Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | July 31, 2014 5:58 PM EST
Although the Nokia Lumia 630 was released almost one year after the Sony Xperia M, both devices are available for about the same price tag in Australia. Here is a look at the specs and price of both devices for the benefit of the readers.
Display and Design
The Nokia Lumia 630 comes with a 4.5-inch IPS LCD capacitive touch screen, which translates to a resolution of 480 x 854 pixels. The Sony Xperia M comes with a 4-inch TFT capacitive touch screen, which translates to a resolution of 480 x 854 pixels.
Both devices are about the same in this category. The Xperia M has a slight edge with 245 ppi pixels display density compared to the 218 ppi pixels display density on the Lumia 630.
The Nokia Lumia 630 measures 129.5 x 66.7 x 9.2 mm and weighs 134 grams. The Sony Xperia M is smaller and narrower measuring 124 x 62 x 9.3 mm dimensions and weighs 115 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The Nokia Lumia 630 is equipped with a 1.2-GHz quad-core Cortex-A7 processor and Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 chipset. It comes with 8 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 128 GB using a microSD card.
The Sony Xperia M is equipped with a 1-GHz dual-core Krait processor and Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Plus MSM8227 chipset. It comes with 4 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 32 GB using a microSD card.
The Nokia Lumia 630 runs on the Microsoft Windows Phone 8.1 operating system and has 512 MB of RAM. The Sony Xperia M runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system and has 1 GB of RAM. In terms of computing power, both devices are about the same. The Lumia 630 has a slight edge with a better processor, but the Xperia M has better RAM.
The Nokia Lumia 630 sports a 5-MP camera with autofocus and does not feature a secondary camera. The Sony Xperia M sports a 5-MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is a VGA camera.
The Nokia Lumia 630 comes with a Li-Ion 1,830-mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 13 hours and 10 minutes on 3G or music play of about 58 hours. The Sony Xperia M comes with a Li-Ion 1750-mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 9 hours on 3G or music play of about 39 hours and 24 minutes.
Price in Australia
The Nokia Lumia 630 Dual SIM is priced at around AU $199.95, and the Sony Xperia M Dual SIM is priced at around AU $209.95 in Australia.
OnePlus One vs. Oppo Find 7 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: Master Chief’ Collection Update Detailed As ‘Halo: Nightfall’ Continues To Roll
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Details Update; New Exotic Weapons Coming And New Speculations On Free Trial
- Official Android 5.0 Lollipop Update For HTC One Google Play Editions Delayed Due To New Software Request
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Guide: Continuous Breeding, Must See Places And TwitchPlays Pokemon Activity
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 New Update Brings Performance And Stability Improvements
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues