Nokia Lumia 630 vs. Sony Xperia M Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | July 31, 2014 5:58 PM EST
Although the Nokia Lumia 630 was released almost one year after the Sony Xperia M, both devices are available for about the same price tag in Australia. Here is a look at the specs and price of both devices for the benefit of the readers.
Display and Design
The Nokia Lumia 630 comes with a 4.5-inch IPS LCD capacitive touch screen, which translates to a resolution of 480 x 854 pixels. The Sony Xperia M comes with a 4-inch TFT capacitive touch screen, which translates to a resolution of 480 x 854 pixels.
Both devices are about the same in this category. The Xperia M has a slight edge with 245 ppi pixels display density compared to the 218 ppi pixels display density on the Lumia 630.
The Nokia Lumia 630 measures 129.5 x 66.7 x 9.2 mm and weighs 134 grams. The Sony Xperia M is smaller and narrower measuring 124 x 62 x 9.3 mm dimensions and weighs 115 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The Nokia Lumia 630 is equipped with a 1.2-GHz quad-core Cortex-A7 processor and Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 chipset. It comes with 8 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 128 GB using a microSD card.
The Sony Xperia M is equipped with a 1-GHz dual-core Krait processor and Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Plus MSM8227 chipset. It comes with 4 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 32 GB using a microSD card.
The Nokia Lumia 630 runs on the Microsoft Windows Phone 8.1 operating system and has 512 MB of RAM. The Sony Xperia M runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system and has 1 GB of RAM. In terms of computing power, both devices are about the same. The Lumia 630 has a slight edge with a better processor, but the Xperia M has better RAM.
The Nokia Lumia 630 sports a 5-MP camera with autofocus and does not feature a secondary camera. The Sony Xperia M sports a 5-MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is a VGA camera.
The Nokia Lumia 630 comes with a Li-Ion 1,830-mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 13 hours and 10 minutes on 3G or music play of about 58 hours. The Sony Xperia M comes with a Li-Ion 1750-mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 9 hours on 3G or music play of about 39 hours and 24 minutes.
Price in Australia
The Nokia Lumia 630 Dual SIM is priced at around AU $199.95, and the Sony Xperia M Dual SIM is priced at around AU $209.95 in Australia.
OnePlus One vs. Oppo Find 7 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- How To Play 4K Graphics Quality On 1080p Games With Any Monitor Using NVIDIA Graphics Cards
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS