Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
By Precious Silva | July 31, 2014 5:37 PM EST
Moto X Verizon users can now update their devices to Android 4.4.4 KitKat. The release of the update came after Motorola reportedly started soak tests with the device and Android 4.4.4. Just like other Android and Motorola roll outs, some users may already have access to the firmware while others still need to wait. The release depends on the region and stage of the release. More importantly, other carriers should follow soon after Verizon's launch.
Attendees play a check-in game to win prizes by tapping their NFC-enabled Android smartphones at the Google I/O developers conference in San Francisco June 25, 2014.
According to a report by Android Geeks, the Android 4.4.4 KitKat update for Moto X goes by version 210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US. As mentioned, the release of the software is in stages just like other releases from Android and Motorola. The ETA will vary from one user to another. Others may have to wait for a couple more days after announcement to access the program.
Some of the things that people can expect from the Moto X Android 4.4.4 update include: white status bar icons, transparent navigation and status bars along with color emoji support, immersive mode, new Location menu, full screen album art and movie art as well as cloud printing patches. The camera and dialer have also been improved according to Motorola.
Users only need to tap "Download" and save the file to install the firmware once they get the notification. Installation requires restarting the phone. Nonetheless, for those who have not received the notification, manual check is also an option. To do this, go to Settings > About phone > Software updates > Check now.
It is best for people to free up memory space as the update requires around 200 MB. Users should make sure their WiFi connection is stable. Phone should also be charged at least 50%.
The Moto X device was announced last August 2013. It comes with the following features:
-AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
-720 x 1280 pixels, 4.7 inches (~312 ppi pixel density)
-Qualcomm MSM8960Pro Snapdragon
-Android OS, v4.2.2 (Jelly Bean), upgradable to v4.4.4 (KitKat)
-Dual-core 1.7 GHz Krait
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James