Dating Naked: VH1 Reality Show Asks Contestants Date Without Clothes
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | July 31, 2014 4:02 PM EST
This is the latest advancement in reality shows. Contestants go on dates but they are not allowed to wear any clothes. "Dating Naked," a new reality show on VH1, shows contestants in their most primitive form as they search for potential partners in life.
Cyclists look at a naked cyclist taking part in the World Naked Bike Ride in Thessaloniki, northern Greece, June 6, 2014. According to the organisers, the event aimed to reduce exposure to pollution by encouraging cycling as an alternative mode of transportation.
The show apparently takes inspiration from the Adam-Eve story but one may not ignore its influence from "Naked and Afraid," a reality show on the Discovery Channel that asks a man and a woman to survive in wild conditions for 21 days, that too without any clothes. Unlike its Discovery counterpart, VH1 focuses more on the romantic and sexual attraction between the contestants.
"Dating Naked" has already gone on air. The first episode of the show had Joe, 24, who went on a date with 36-year-old Christina who had recently broken up with her partner of 10 years. The couple moved around a beach which was a visual delight, and nobody seemed to have bothered much about the lack of clothes. Joe's dating activities on the episode included bird-watching, body painting and cuddling, all in the nude.
VH1 Head of Programming Susan Levison approved of the series in September 2013. It was her first day on the job. "The idea of using nudity as a metaphor for allowing yourself to be truly exposed and truly yourself in the search for love felt really fresh and exciting," she said. Fox also had plans to launch its nude dating show but postponed it at the moment for internal issues.
According to official Web page of the show, the show is a "social experiment" which gives daters an opportunity to "bare their souls." However, before they can bare their souls, they must bare "everything else; it said. The show is supposed to take place on primitive island resorts which are "far from the masks of modern society."
The show is hosted by actress Amy Paffrath who also appeared on "2 Broke Girls," "Sullivan & Son" and "Hot in Cleveland." The show premiered on July 17. Find more information on the show HERE.
Contact the writer: s.mukhopadhyay@IBTimes.com.au
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation