Robert Pattinson Opens Up About Kristen Stewart and Rupert Sanders' Fling and Betrayal: ‘It’s Normal and Who Gives a S**T’
By jaskiran kaur | July 31, 2014 3:24 PM EST
"Twilight" co-stars and former onscreen and off-screen couple Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart became one of the most admired couples of Hollywood. However, their split following Kristen Stewart and Rupert Sanders' cheating scandal left everyone shocked. Fans are still reeling from what happened in 2012. Two years later, the superstar has opened up about his relationship with Kristen Stewart and couple's split. Read on to find out what Robert Pattinson has to say about it.
In an interview with Esquire UK for its September issue, Robert Pattinson laughs over the betrayal.
"S**t happens, you know?" Robert Pattinson jokes and tells Esquire UK.
"It's just young people... it's normal! And honestly, who gives a shit?" adds "The Rover" star.
Even though Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart kept their relationship under the wraps, their romance became the subject of public and media scrutiny. It is guessed that the former couple started dating each other when they were filming "Twilight." They dated each other for three year before splitting up in the wake of Kristen Stewart's cheating scandal.
In the interview the actor acknowledges that the "hardest part was talking about it afterwards."
"Because when you talk about other people, it affects them in ways you can't predict," explains Robert Pattinson while addressing the matter.
He compared the situation with a scene in Philip Seymour Hoffman's 2008 movie "Doubt. In the scene Philip Seymour Hoffman talks "about how to take back gossip."
"They throw all those feathers from a pillow into the sky and you've got to go and collect all the feathers," Robert Pattinson continues.
Furthermore, the actor reveals that he is "a relatively solitary person." However, paparazzi have always followed him. Even two years after the end of "Twilight Saga," the actor finds himself surrounded by paparazzi attention, which he says he doesn't "understand why."
"I think it goes through periods where you're assigned 'this is the guy to follow'. But whenever I see a bunch of paparazzi hanging out, I always think, 'Oh God, what have they found out!'"Robert Pattinson jokes.
"Oh, THAT love child! I totally forgot!"
Meanwhile, fans know that Kristen Stewart and "Snow White and the Hunstman" director Rupert Sanders' affair did not only lead to the actress' split with Robert Pattinson but severe consequences for those involved. The alleged fling also resulted in director's divorce with his wife Liberty Ross. On July 25, TMZ reported that the couple is "officially divorced" and "settlement agreement" provides Liberty with "the family house, 2 other London houses, 15% profits" from Rupert Sanders films except "Snow White and the Huntsman" and much more.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- G20 Summit in Nov: No Consensus to Bar Russia, Putin Open to Attend in Australia