Eva Green As Miss Peregrine, In Talks To Star In Another Tim Burton Film
By Tanya Diente | July 31, 2014 2:59 PM EST
Ransom Rigg's popular novel "Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children" is reported to finally have one lead cast in its movie adaptation, with Eva Green in talks to star in the movie.
Cast member Eva Green poses at the premiere of "300: Rise of an Empire" in Hollywood, California March 4, 2014. The movie opens in the U.S. on March 7.
Variety reported that Eva Green is in talks to star in the movie adaptation of the children's book. Screenrant added that the "Penny Dreadful" actress is in negotiations to play the role of Miss Peregrine in the movie which will be directed by Tim Burton.
Eva Green's role will be the caretaker in an orphanage inhabited by children who possess extraordinary powers. Screenrant likened her character to "X-Men's" Professor X.
This is not the first time Eva Green and Tim Burton had teamed up for a movie. Green has also worked with the director in the modern movie adaptation of the 1960's supernatural opera "Dark Shadows," in which she starred with famous stars Johnny Depp and Michelle Pfeiffer. According to Variety, Tim Burton always enjoyed working with his previous stars and Eva Green is among them.
"Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children" will be produced by Chernin Entertainment and written by Jane Goldman, who according to Screenrant is familiar with anything supernatural. She had previously worked on a novel adaptation of the Gothic horror movie "The Woman in Black."
The movie was initially scheduled for US release on July 31, 2015 according to screenrant. However, the site claimed release would probably be pushed back since Variety has reported a February start date for its line up.
The story of "Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children" revolves around protagonist Jacob Portman. Jacob's grandfather has told him so many interesting "stories" about the home's former occupants long before he died. Finally, a visit to "Miss Peregrine's Home" years after it was shut down gave truth to his grandfather' stories.
Chapter 5 in the book according to thepeculiarchildren reveals how Jacob discovered the orphans through a time loop. He goes through it every day to see the children. He especially builds a special relationship with Emma, who is a fire starter.
Being in the time loop also opened Jacob's eyes to the fact that he too, like the orphans, possesses a special gift. He can see hollowgasts.These are the monsters his grandfather Abraham had warned him about, that they were after him.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- 'The Mentalist' Season 7, Episode 1 Spoilers: The Ending Begins For Patrick Jane And Teresa Lisbon (Synopsis)
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports