Eva Green As Miss Peregrine, In Talks To Star In Another Tim Burton Film
By Tanya Diente | July 31, 2014 2:59 PM EST
Ransom Rigg's popular novel "Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children" is reported to finally have one lead cast in its movie adaptation, with Eva Green in talks to star in the movie.
Cast member Eva Green poses at the premiere of "300: Rise of an Empire" in Hollywood, California March 4, 2014. The movie opens in the U.S. on March 7.
Variety reported that Eva Green is in talks to star in the movie adaptation of the children's book. Screenrant added that the "Penny Dreadful" actress is in negotiations to play the role of Miss Peregrine in the movie which will be directed by Tim Burton.
Eva Green's role will be the caretaker in an orphanage inhabited by children who possess extraordinary powers. Screenrant likened her character to "X-Men's" Professor X.
This is not the first time Eva Green and Tim Burton had teamed up for a movie. Green has also worked with the director in the modern movie adaptation of the 1960's supernatural opera "Dark Shadows," in which she starred with famous stars Johnny Depp and Michelle Pfeiffer. According to Variety, Tim Burton always enjoyed working with his previous stars and Eva Green is among them.
"Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children" will be produced by Chernin Entertainment and written by Jane Goldman, who according to Screenrant is familiar with anything supernatural. She had previously worked on a novel adaptation of the Gothic horror movie "The Woman in Black."
The movie was initially scheduled for US release on July 31, 2015 according to screenrant. However, the site claimed release would probably be pushed back since Variety has reported a February start date for its line up.
The story of "Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children" revolves around protagonist Jacob Portman. Jacob's grandfather has told him so many interesting "stories" about the home's former occupants long before he died. Finally, a visit to "Miss Peregrine's Home" years after it was shut down gave truth to his grandfather' stories.
Chapter 5 in the book according to thepeculiarchildren reveals how Jacob discovered the orphans through a time loop. He goes through it every day to see the children. He especially builds a special relationship with Emma, who is a fire starter.
Being in the time loop also opened Jacob's eyes to the fact that he too, like the orphans, possesses a special gift. He can see hollowgasts.These are the monsters his grandfather Abraham had warned him about, that they were after him.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 15, 2014: Liam Confronts Quinn About Her Secret Regarding Paris [WATCH VIDEO]
- Kylie Jenner Admits Butting Heads With Kim Kardashian And Reveals Plans To Move Out
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Apple iOS 8 Can Trump Google Android 5.0 L Upon September 17 Release
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Twitter Photo Of British Medical Muslima Student Holding Severed Head
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet