Eva Green As Miss Peregrine, In Talks To Star In Another Tim Burton Film
By Tanya Diente | July 31, 2014 2:59 PM EST
Ransom Rigg's popular novel "Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children" is reported to finally have one lead cast in its movie adaptation, with Eva Green in talks to star in the movie.
Cast member Eva Green poses at the premiere of "300: Rise of an Empire" in Hollywood, California March 4, 2014. The movie opens in the U.S. on March 7.
Variety reported that Eva Green is in talks to star in the movie adaptation of the children's book. Screenrant added that the "Penny Dreadful" actress is in negotiations to play the role of Miss Peregrine in the movie which will be directed by Tim Burton.
Eva Green's role will be the caretaker in an orphanage inhabited by children who possess extraordinary powers. Screenrant likened her character to "X-Men's" Professor X.
This is not the first time Eva Green and Tim Burton had teamed up for a movie. Green has also worked with the director in the modern movie adaptation of the 1960's supernatural opera "Dark Shadows," in which she starred with famous stars Johnny Depp and Michelle Pfeiffer. According to Variety, Tim Burton always enjoyed working with his previous stars and Eva Green is among them.
"Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children" will be produced by Chernin Entertainment and written by Jane Goldman, who according to Screenrant is familiar with anything supernatural. She had previously worked on a novel adaptation of the Gothic horror movie "The Woman in Black."
The movie was initially scheduled for US release on July 31, 2015 according to screenrant. However, the site claimed release would probably be pushed back since Variety has reported a February start date for its line up.
The story of "Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children" revolves around protagonist Jacob Portman. Jacob's grandfather has told him so many interesting "stories" about the home's former occupants long before he died. Finally, a visit to "Miss Peregrine's Home" years after it was shut down gave truth to his grandfather' stories.
Chapter 5 in the book according to thepeculiarchildren reveals how Jacob discovered the orphans through a time loop. He goes through it every day to see the children. He especially builds a special relationship with Emma, who is a fire starter.
Being in the time loop also opened Jacob's eyes to the fact that he too, like the orphans, possesses a special gift. He can see hollowgasts.These are the monsters his grandfather Abraham had warned him about, that they were after him.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- 'Glee' Season 6 Spoilers, Air Date: Naya Rivera Teases Wedding In Final Chapter, Lea Michele Tweets 700th Song Number
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft
- Nuclear War: Putin Certain To Launch Battle To Avoid Corruption Charges, Whistleblower Claims