Ariana DiLorenzo of 'Ariana and the Rose' Will Not Strip to Reach the Top of the Music Charts
By Annie Dee | July 31, 2014 2:40 PM EST
Described as a band out of New York that is "just starting to find its groove," Ariana and the Rose has already captured the ears of some who do not necessarily listen to only mainstream and popular songs. The band however, is not rushing to obtain the top spot on the music charts even though it has the potential. Ariana DiLorenzo of the band says she certainly will not rush to the top spot if it means that she would have to look sexy to satiate the tastes of mainstream music lovers.
In an interview with Daily Star Online, 24-year old Ariana shared that she's a music artist who wants to express herself through good music and good music alone. If other artists will want to express themselves through other ways, then they should go for it. As for herself, she'll rather stay away from being overly sexual just to get the attention of music lovers.
"If an artist is making great music and they feel they want to express themselves in that way, then go for it. I think, when someone being overtly sexual becomes a substitute for having good music, that's when it becomes uninteresting to me," stated Ariana.
Ariana is not against looking sexy. However, her version of sexy is not the version of the usual artists. For her, mysterious is sexy.
"For myself, I have fun walking a playful line. I think a little mystery is one of the sexiest things a girl can have."
Ariana, an Italian-American beauty is making waves around the world since she debuted "EP Head vs Heart" earlier this year. Even though her band is still in infancy, Ariana has already become widely popular in the fashion world. Her tracks are already being used for runway shows staged in Paris and New York.
After performing to an enthusiastic crowd at the O2 Islington Academy and supporting Foxes in Blightly, the singer has also made its mark in the UK.
"The reaction has been so wonderful. I think, as a band coming over from a different country, you never know exactly how people will react to you, so you really just give the shows your all and hope people respond. We've been really fortunate to play for such great crowds, I feel like I've found a second home with audiences here," shared the songstress.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Clears That Fredrik Neij And Peter Sunde Are Not TPB Founders
- [In Pictures] Police Fire As Protest Turns Into ‘Riot’ After Grand Jury Decision on Ferguson Shooting
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- Mark Ruffalo Turns Into Hulk For His Daughter And Another Preschooler
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James