Ariana DiLorenzo of 'Ariana and the Rose' Will Not Strip to Reach the Top of the Music Charts
By Annie Dee | July 31, 2014 2:40 PM EST
Described as a band out of New York that is "just starting to find its groove," Ariana and the Rose has already captured the ears of some who do not necessarily listen to only mainstream and popular songs. The band however, is not rushing to obtain the top spot on the music charts even though it has the potential. Ariana DiLorenzo of the band says she certainly will not rush to the top spot if it means that she would have to look sexy to satiate the tastes of mainstream music lovers.
In an interview with Daily Star Online, 24-year old Ariana shared that she's a music artist who wants to express herself through good music and good music alone. If other artists will want to express themselves through other ways, then they should go for it. As for herself, she'll rather stay away from being overly sexual just to get the attention of music lovers.
"If an artist is making great music and they feel they want to express themselves in that way, then go for it. I think, when someone being overtly sexual becomes a substitute for having good music, that's when it becomes uninteresting to me," stated Ariana.
Ariana is not against looking sexy. However, her version of sexy is not the version of the usual artists. For her, mysterious is sexy.
"For myself, I have fun walking a playful line. I think a little mystery is one of the sexiest things a girl can have."
Ariana, an Italian-American beauty is making waves around the world since she debuted "EP Head vs Heart" earlier this year. Even though her band is still in infancy, Ariana has already become widely popular in the fashion world. Her tracks are already being used for runway shows staged in Paris and New York.
After performing to an enthusiastic crowd at the O2 Islington Academy and supporting Foxes in Blightly, the singer has also made its mark in the UK.
"The reaction has been so wonderful. I think, as a band coming over from a different country, you never know exactly how people will react to you, so you really just give the shows your all and hope people respond. We've been really fortunate to play for such great crowds, I feel like I've found a second home with audiences here," shared the songstress.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Severe iPhone 6 Supply Shortage Will Last Until Q1 2015 as Apple Grapples to Meet Heavy Demand