Maroon 5's Latest Single is Adam Levine's Serenade for New Wife Behati Prinsloo
By Christine Jane Caparras | July 31, 2014 2:36 PM EST
Maroon 5 has just dropped the second single from their upcoming album and the song entitled "It Was Always You." It has lyrics that has speculations rising as to whether or not the song was written for Victoria's Secret Angel Behati Prinsloo.
Musician Adam Levine (L) and model Behati Prinsloo arrive at the 2014 Vanity Fair Oscars Party in West Hollywood, California March 2, 2014.
Adam Levine, the band's front man and primary song writer has just tied the knot with the Namibian-born supermodel less than two weeks ago in an intimate ceremony in Los Cabos, Mexico. The new single "It Was Always You" was released this week and the lyrics call to mind the couple's love story.
"It was always you, Can't believe I could not see it all this time, all this time," sings Adam. It can be remembered that the pair broke up after dating for a year and spent a few months apart with Adam even reportedly seeing another model Nina Agdal, during the break.
"It was always you, Now I know why my heart wasn't satisfied, satisfied," the song continues. After spending some time apart Adam and Behati reunited in July 2013 and made it official by announcing their engagement to the surprise of their fans who had a few months before, received the news of their split.
"No more guessing who, Looking back now I know it was always you." The change of heart was obvious for "The Voice" judge Adam who had previously been quoted as saying that he isn't interested in marriage. Later, in an interview on the "Tonight Show With Jay Leno" shortly after announcing his engagement, Adam said that it was only about finding someone that makes you want to marry them and he obviously found that in Behati.
The band's first commercially successful album, "Songs About Jane" also featured a host of songs that drew inspiration from real life relationships that tackle the whole gamut of emotions that are involved in starting and ending a relationship. That album spawned the hits "This Love," "She Will Be Loved," "Harder to Breathe" and "Sweetest Goodbye."
The supermodel for her part has recently stated in an interview that she has definite plans to make an addition to their family soon and the renovations that Adam made to expand his Los Angeles mansion also points in the same direction.
Maroon 5's fifth studio album entitled V alluding to the roman numeral equivalent of the number 5, is due to come out in September and the first single "Maps" has already gained success in charts all over the world.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Women’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 - Li Na, Sharapova, Kvitova, And Williams
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers For Sept. 15-19, 2014: Ava And Morgan Talk About The Baby
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- Paul Walker's Daughter Paid Heart Touching Tribute To Her Father On His Birthday
- Kim Kardashian-West Frantically Tries For Second Baby To Match Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Timeline
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- US Government Threatened Yahoo to Provide User Data: If not Pay a Fine of $250,000 per day
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Moto X Pure Edition is Coming Soon with Wi-Fi Calling – Reports
- 7 Reasons Why Atlassian Topped BRW’s Best Place To Work In Australia 2014 List