Maroon 5's Latest Single is Adam Levine's Serenade for New Wife Behati Prinsloo
By Christine Jane Caparras | July 31, 2014 2:36 PM EST
Maroon 5 has just dropped the second single from their upcoming album and the song entitled "It Was Always You." It has lyrics that has speculations rising as to whether or not the song was written for Victoria's Secret Angel Behati Prinsloo.
Musician Adam Levine (L) and model Behati Prinsloo arrive at the 2014 Vanity Fair Oscars Party in West Hollywood, California March 2, 2014.
Adam Levine, the band's front man and primary song writer has just tied the knot with the Namibian-born supermodel less than two weeks ago in an intimate ceremony in Los Cabos, Mexico. The new single "It Was Always You" was released this week and the lyrics call to mind the couple's love story.
"It was always you, Can't believe I could not see it all this time, all this time," sings Adam. It can be remembered that the pair broke up after dating for a year and spent a few months apart with Adam even reportedly seeing another model Nina Agdal, during the break.
"It was always you, Now I know why my heart wasn't satisfied, satisfied," the song continues. After spending some time apart Adam and Behati reunited in July 2013 and made it official by announcing their engagement to the surprise of their fans who had a few months before, received the news of their split.
"No more guessing who, Looking back now I know it was always you." The change of heart was obvious for "The Voice" judge Adam who had previously been quoted as saying that he isn't interested in marriage. Later, in an interview on the "Tonight Show With Jay Leno" shortly after announcing his engagement, Adam said that it was only about finding someone that makes you want to marry them and he obviously found that in Behati.
The band's first commercially successful album, "Songs About Jane" also featured a host of songs that drew inspiration from real life relationships that tackle the whole gamut of emotions that are involved in starting and ending a relationship. That album spawned the hits "This Love," "She Will Be Loved," "Harder to Breathe" and "Sweetest Goodbye."
The supermodel for her part has recently stated in an interview that she has definite plans to make an addition to their family soon and the renovations that Adam made to expand his Los Angeles mansion also points in the same direction.
Maroon 5's fifth studio album entitled V alluding to the roman numeral equivalent of the number 5, is due to come out in September and the first single "Maps" has already gained success in charts all over the world.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan
- Australia Ranks 11th In World Ultra Wealth Report As 175 Aussies Amass $440B In 2013