Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet 17.1.2.A.0.314 Firmware Update to Improve Touch Screen and Charging Speed
By Ryan Inoyori | July 31, 2014 2:03 PM EST
Sony Mobile is now rolling out a new Android 4.4.2 KitKat update for the Xperia Z2 Tablet LTE variant which brings touch screen enhancement and faster charging time similar to Xperia Z2 official update.
Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet New Update
A new firmware running Android 4.4.2 KitKat for Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet LTE SGP521 is now rolling out having the build version 17.1.2.A.0.314. It delivers similar upgrade changes found on Sony Xperia Z2 and enhances the touch response and charging time.
Based on the official change logs of Sony Mobile, here are the improvements of the 17.1.2.A.0.314 for Xperia Z2 and Xperia Z2 Tablet:
- Enhanced voice call quality
- Improved touch function and performance
- Improved charging when battery is low
- Improved overall performance and stability
- All of the latest bug fixes and improvements.
Unfortunately, the new Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware for both Xperia Z2 smartphone and Xperia Z2 Tablet does not contain the "Transfer Apps to SD card" feature which is a notable change on the Xperia T2 Ultra.
Users of Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Wi-Fi variant SGP511 and SGP512 may need to wait longer since there is no announcement yet of a new Android 4.4.2 KitKat update from Sony Mobile.
How to Update the Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet LTE
Owners of the Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet LTE may update the device in two ways: wirelessly or via USB connection with a computer.
A. Using Wireless Update
a. Connect the device to the Internet via Wi-Fi or mobile data.
b. A notification should arrive revealing a new firmware version.
c. Click on the notification and follow the steps provided to download the update. It is recommended to download the firmware using Wi-Fi rather than mobile data for stable connection.
d. After the software has been downloaded, a new set of instructions will be provided before installation commences. Make sure that the battery level is at least 50 per cent to avoid power interruption during installation.
e. Once user approves the installation, the tablet will reboot automatically as part of the process. Wait until it reaches the home screen.
f. In order to check for the firmware version, go to Settings > About Device > Build Version. It should be running the latest 17.1.2.A.0.314 Android 4.4.2 KitKat.
B. USB Connection
b. Launch the Sony PC Companion or Sony Bridge on the machine.
c. Connect the Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet using a USB cable and let the drivers to be installed.
d. A notification will appear on the dashboard of the Sony PC suite about a new firmware.
e. Follow the steps provided to download and install the firmware. Download time depends on the Internet speed while installation depends on the speed of the computer.
f. The tablet will switch off to install the firmware and users should never interrupt to avoid corrupting the software.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: Master Chief’ Collection Update Detailed As ‘Halo: Nightfall’ Continues To Roll
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Details Update; New Exotic Weapons Coming And New Speculations On Free Trial
- Official Android 5.0 Lollipop Update For HTC One Google Play Editions Delayed Due To New Software Request
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Guide: Continuous Breeding, Must See Places And TwitchPlays Pokemon Activity
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 New Update Brings Performance And Stability Improvements
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide