Vampire Diaries Season 6 Spoilers: Stefan Leaves Mystic Falls, No Longer Pining Over Elena
By Jenalyn Villamarin | July 31, 2014 1:52 PM EST
Stefan Salvatore (Paul Wesley) and Elena Gilbert (Nina Dobrev) were devastated in "The Vampire Diaries" Season 5 finale because of Damon Salvatore's (Ian Somerhalder) death. It is expected that Stefan and Elena will team up in Season 6 to find a way that will bring Damon and Bonnie (Kat Graham) back but actor Paul Wesley teased at the 2014 San Diego Comic Con that his character is not interested.
Actress Nina Dobrev arrives at the 2014 People's Choice Awards in Los Angeles, California January 8, 2014.
Teen Wolf Season 4 Spoilers: Beacon Hills High Under Quarantine Due to Mysterious Outbreak, Watch Promo Videos for Episode 7 Weaponized
The 32-year-old actor revealed in an interview with TVFanatic that his character took off and left Mystic Falls behind after the tragedy that happened in "The Vampire Diaries" Season 5 finale episode titled "Home." Wesley added that people will think Stefan took off because he is looking for Damon and Bonnie but in reality, the Salvatore vampire is just gone.
Paul Wesley gave the fans a warning that they will see a different Stefan when "The Vampire Diaries" return with Season 6. "He decides that he doesn't want to have any part. He's doing his thing and he's completely disinterested, he's apathetic, he's given up," Wesley shared.
Wesley further revealed to MTV News during the 2014 San Diego Comic Con that his character will not be the only one different in "The Vampire Diaries" Season 6 but the CW TV series itself. According to the actor, "The Vampire Diaries" will not be the same show that the fans got used to watching because there is no supernatural activity due to the anti-magic boundary spell that the Travelers cast over Mystic Falls.
"The vampires can't do the things they normally do. The stories are compartmentalized geographically. I'm not sure how long that will last. Stefan has his own sort of thing, Damon and Bonnie, and then everyone [else]," the actor explained.
Paul Wesley also dropped another major detail on his character that will sting the Stefan-Elena or Stelena fans. When "The Vampire Diaries" returns with Season 6, Stefan Salvatore will no longer be pining over ex-girlfriend Elena Gilbert.
"There's no two ways about it, nobody likes a mopey, whipped dude. Viewers appreciate a character that's strong, and decisive, and masculine. I think he's moved on, and I think that's a sexy quality," Wesley explained. Co-star Ian Somerhalder agreed and even described Paul Wesley's response to the Stelena relationship a sexy one.
Ian, 35, teased that the other TVD characters will also develop different dynamics in the upcoming new season. "The Vampire Diaries" Season 6 will premiere on Thursday night, Oct. 2, at 8/7c on the CW Network.
More Articles to Read:
Vampire Diaries Season 6 Spoilers: Stefan-Caroline Relationship a Little Damaged, Caroline Most Affected with Season 5 Finale Events - [READ]
Ian Somerhalder: Vampire Diaries Actor Spoofs Season 5 Finale with Co-Star Kat Graham on What Happened to Damon and Bonnie - [READ]
Vampire Diaries Season 6 Spoilers: Actor Matt Davis and EP Julie Plec Tease What Alaric Saltzman is Up To in New Season - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation