Blackberry, Time Warner, Aeropostale Among Companies That Will Die In 2015
By Precious Silva | July 31, 2014 1:45 PM EST
In an iPhone and Samsung crazed world, 24/7 Wall Street does not think that Blackberry can survive. According to Business Insider, Blackberry once owned 19.5% of the global market share, but that has now shrunk to a measly 1%. Blackberry experienced a 76% decrease in its phone shipments compared to last year.
The Blackberry campus in Waterloo is shown in this September 23, 2013 file photo. BlackBerry Ltd said on March 21, 2014 it has reached an agreement to sell the vast majority of its real estate holdings in Canada, as part of a plan outlined earlier this year aimed at bolstering the technology company's balance sheet.
It has been reported that Aeropostale tops the list brands that teens do not wear. Stores like Forever21 and H&M are more appealing to teens because these brands produce cheap and trendy clothes quickly. Stores like Aeropostale, Abercrombie & Fitch, and American Eagle are unable to keep up. It is reported that Aeropostale's revenue has fallen 12% from 2013. The future does not bode well for the brand.
Time Warner Cable
Unlike the two mentioned earlier, this company would no longer exist because it will be acquired by Comcast for $45.2 billion this year. If the aforementioned deal goes through, the two biggest cable companies will merge into a formidable capble entity that will reach over 30 million cable subscribers.
The setback with the see-through yoga pants forced Lululemon to recall around 17% of its yoga pants. The company's CEO also took off accompanied by considerable June profit drops. According to 24/7 Wall Street, there has also been a 50% drop in stock from June 2013, and a net income drop from $47 million to $19 million. Brands like Gap and Forever21 have been endangering companies like Lululemon because of their athletic wear venture.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build