Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
By Justin Noel Cudaihl | July 31, 2014 1:35 PM EST
Could Juventus midfielder Arturo Vidal of Chile join Manchester United? According to a broadsheet from his home country, the 27-year-old already demanded his transfer to the Red Devils.
Various soccer outlets have also reported on the development saying that Vidal has already agreed to a contract with the Premier League club.
Aside from the Chilean newspaper, The Metro also reports that Vidal’s agent Fernando Felicevich “is now working around the clock to get his client a transfer to Manchester United,” although the Juventus side is still trying to convince Vidal to stay.
On Thursday Guiseppe Marotta, who is the managing director of Juventus, declared that they had every intention to retain the Chilean national team player.
Vidal, who is considered a vital contributor for Juventus, appeared in 95 matches for the Italian Seria A club producing 28 goals in his career there from 2011 to 2014. He also played for Colo-Colo in Chile (2005-2007) and Bayer Leverkusen (2007-2011) in Germany in previous stints.
Vidal was named as part of the Under-20 Chile national team in 2006 and joined the senior ranks in 2007 up to this year. He has a total of 57 international caps with 8 goals. The central midfielder from Santiago, Chile led his squad to a Round of 16 appearance and lost to hosts Brazil via penalty.
Will Vidal get his wish of a transfer to Manchester United? Or will Juventus get theirs and stick with the Chilean star?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Fight Won't Happen As Long As Bob Arum Is Involved, Says Pacquiao's Former Conditioning Coach
- MMA News: Transgender Fighter Fallon Fox Challenges Ronda Rousey, Fires Back on ‘Ignorant’ Comments
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Points Out Amir Khan's Poor Boxing Record
- WWE News: CM Punk Merchandise Pulled From Stands, Punk Chasing Royalties For WWE 2K15 Inclusion [VIDEO]
- Floyd Mayweather Admits Marcos Maidana’s Power Shot Hurt Him [VIDEO]
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Better Performing Display and Best Overall Screen
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4