Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
By Precious Silva | July 31, 2014 1:29 PM EST
When Tim Cook announced the iOS 8, it was apparent that the company will be gunning for a new platform. It will not just be a platform that offers more improved features than the iOS 7. While beta versions may not seem to offer much design changes, there are several features which will definitely entice a lot of users into updating to the platform.
Apple CEO Tim Cook introduces the IOS 8 operating system during his keynote address at the Worldwide Developers Conference in San Francisco, California June 2, 2014. REUTERS/Robert Galbraith
Better App Store
The App Store has seen some criticism in its 6 years even if it has been functioning fine. Because it is so large, it is hard to keep everyone happy. The iOS 8 has updated it to make it better and more accessible. First of all, the icons are bigger and the items are spaced better. It has also addressed one of the biggest complaints, which is discoverability.
With the new OS, looking for new apps in the App Store is easier. There is a new button, "explore", that combines the buttons from before into one area with categories and sub-divisions. Also, the search button can show you a list of trending searches without typing anything. Once you type something, the App Store displays a list of items related, improving app discovery.
According to Fast Co Labs, there will be a row of words that appear right above the keyboard. This is really handy when it comes to replying to text messages. There is a quick-type feature that lets you put in a few letters and will predict the word that you are typing. Surely many people will ignore it because they are used to typing the entire words, and may find it faster to do it the traditional way. This really becomes useful when it comes to replying to messages.
For example, a person will ask another individual if he or she wants to go out for dinner or go see a movie, the choices will be pre-populated. This will make it easier for the user to reply, and will no longer require them to type their reply. The predictive element will also allow for tailored responses based on how you speak to different contacts like your parents, kids, or friends.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Clears That Fredrik Neij And Peter Sunde Are Not TPB Founders
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Out There To Save His Two Favourite Ladies In Mid-season Finale
- [In Pictures] Police Fire As Protest Turns Into ‘Riot’ After Grand Jury Decision on Ferguson Shooting
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change