Aussie Radio Presenter Kyle Sandilands Under Fire After ‘Fat-Shaming’ Pregnant Mothers [VIDEO]
By Anne Lu | July 31, 2014 1:27 PM EST
Shock jock Kyle Sandilands has apparently fat-shamed pregnant women. The portly KIIS FM radio presenter gave an advice to mothers who have just given birth, saying they should start working on the treadmill.
In the promotional video “Random Acts of Kindness,” Sandilands teaches viewers how to arrange flowers for new mums. He started picking random blooms, hoping to arrange them into a beautiful bouquet.
In the end, his flowers are left unarranged at the far side of the table while other bouquets are displayed. It was a valiant effort, though, and would have turned beautiful if finished.
However, it wasn’t his flower-arranging skill that was in question. It was the “advice” he gave new mothers that is deemed offensive.
“There you go mum. You’ve got some flowers, had a baby, what else do you want? Now what you better do is three years on the treadmill to get that pre-baby body back in shape,” Sandilands told the viewers.
“Let’s face it, most of you are going to fail at that, but good luck trying. Because life is about trying, not about being thin. Although thin is better, trying is good.”
Reactions on social media are largely negative, with people pointing out that Sandilands himself is far from being thin.
When fat people like @kingkyle lecture overweight people,it just draws attention to their own obesity.No one is harsher than the overweight.
— Melanie Tee (@sydneygrrl) July 30, 2014
@kingkyle You're gonna call mothers who just had a baby fat? You could do with losing a kilo or thirty you disgusting pig, shut the fuck up! — Annalise (@Annabananabum) July 30, 2014
@kingkyle so tell me "KING" (sic) Kyle. If new mother's need to lose weight after birth, how many months along are you? 25 yrs over due?
— Kiara Hartley (@klhartley90) July 30, 2014
This isn’t the first time Sandilands has criticised others for their weight.
In 2009, he was suspended for two weeks from his then-station 2Day FM after her remarks about Australian TV host Magda Szubanski. He said that she should be put in a “concentration camp and you watch the weight fall off ... like she could be skinny.”
In 2011, he also called News Limited jounarlist Alison Stephenson a “fat slag,” which led to several advertisers pulling out from the entire Southern Cross Austereo network.
Earlier in July, Sandilands pissed off celebrity Cameron Diaz after he slammed her best friend and “Charlie’s Angels” co-star Drew Barrymore on air.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?