Aussie Radio Presenter Kyle Sandilands Under Fire After ‘Fat-Shaming’ Pregnant Mothers [VIDEO]
By Anne Lu | July 31, 2014 1:27 PM EST
Shock jock Kyle Sandilands has apparently fat-shamed pregnant women. The portly KIIS FM radio presenter gave an advice to mothers who have just given birth, saying they should start working on the treadmill.
In the promotional video “Random Acts of Kindness,” Sandilands teaches viewers how to arrange flowers for new mums. He started picking random blooms, hoping to arrange them into a beautiful bouquet.
In the end, his flowers are left unarranged at the far side of the table while other bouquets are displayed. It was a valiant effort, though, and would have turned beautiful if finished.
However, it wasn’t his flower-arranging skill that was in question. It was the “advice” he gave new mothers that is deemed offensive.
“There you go mum. You’ve got some flowers, had a baby, what else do you want? Now what you better do is three years on the treadmill to get that pre-baby body back in shape,” Sandilands told the viewers.
“Let’s face it, most of you are going to fail at that, but good luck trying. Because life is about trying, not about being thin. Although thin is better, trying is good.”
Reactions on social media are largely negative, with people pointing out that Sandilands himself is far from being thin.
When fat people like @kingkyle lecture overweight people,it just draws attention to their own obesity.No one is harsher than the overweight.
— Melanie Tee (@sydneygrrl) July 30, 2014
@kingkyle You're gonna call mothers who just had a baby fat? You could do with losing a kilo or thirty you disgusting pig, shut the fuck up! — Annalise (@Annabananabum) July 30, 2014
@kingkyle so tell me "KING" (sic) Kyle. If new mother's need to lose weight after birth, how many months along are you? 25 yrs over due?
— Kiara Hartley (@klhartley90) July 30, 2014
This isn’t the first time Sandilands has criticised others for their weight.
In 2009, he was suspended for two weeks from his then-station 2Day FM after her remarks about Australian TV host Magda Szubanski. He said that she should be put in a “concentration camp and you watch the weight fall off ... like she could be skinny.”
In 2011, he also called News Limited jounarlist Alison Stephenson a “fat slag,” which led to several advertisers pulling out from the entire Southern Cross Austereo network.
Earlier in July, Sandilands pissed off celebrity Cameron Diaz after he slammed her best friend and “Charlie’s Angels” co-star Drew Barrymore on air.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks