Hotel Bikini Berlin’s Toilet Exposes Guests as They Do Their Thing
By Athena Yenko | July 31, 2014 1:08 PM EST
The recently opened stylish hotel, the Hotel Bikini Berlin, is exposing guests as they do their thing inside the toilet. This is not deliberately done by the hotel but rather an unforeseen error on the hotel's architectural design.
Hotel Bikini Berlin was constructed with its restaurant's toilet located subsequently to the floor-to-ceiling glass windows. The hotel is just ten storeys tall that anyone passing by the hotel could see hotel guests inside the toilet, even when answering to the call of nature.
Mischievous passers-by had even taken photos of unknowing guests.
The hotel is overlooking the Berlin Zoo and to warn guests of playful passers-by, Hotel Bikini Berlin put up toilet notices that read, "Please be careful, not only the monkeys are watching."
As of press time, the hotel has no official statement yet whether renovation will take place.
Hotel Bikini Berlin, a part of the Design Hotel's growing chain, is becoming the favourite among Aussie travellers visiting the country. It boasts of its 149 rooms all having the view of the Berlin Zoo. It is snuggled in a small 1950's highrise that used to be a part of the post-war modernist Bikini Berlin complex. It is sandwiched between the Memorial Church and Kurfurstendamm on one side and Tiergarten Park on the other.
The hotel is becoming much loved by tourists for its quirky ambience but sophisticated interiors designed by Werner Aisslinger and his team. The hotel's atrium has pillars with olden graffiti and a retro Mini doubles as a counter.
Some rooms have a jungle or edgy urban theme.
The Jungle L and Urban L rooms have bathtubs and bicycles. They have a Berlin-made Schindelhauer bike hanging on the wall that guests could borrow to go around the town. A Mini Cooper can also be borrowed from the hotel.
The hotel also has an in-house restaurant located at the leafy rooftop overlooking the expanding view of the city. Its menu was created with chef and author Haya Molcho. For those who want to party, The Monkey Bar on the 10th floor has an al fresco terrace that overlooks to the ape house.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage