Why Tim Cook Got a Nod of Approval But May Eventually Hit a Snag with iPhone 6
By Precious Silva | July 31, 2014 12:40 PM EST
UBS gave Apple Tim Cook a nod of approval especially for advocating for the iOS being a platform that can be accessed "everywhere." The nod of approval also supports the company's recent financial quarter posting great numbers. Apple has outperformed predictions of analysts as opposed to its opponent, Samsung, who fell short of expectations. Can Apple and Tim Cook sustain the positive reception and performance at the end of the year? Can Apple's iPhone 6 be the game changer or deal breaker?
Apple CEO Tim Cook departs the stage following his keynote address at the Worldwide Developers Conference in San Francisco, California, June 2, 2014.
Apple Insider obtained analyst Steven Milunovich's note to investors discussing how Apple's top man, Tim Cook likes to "think big." The analyst also said that this will be good for Apple's future as more competition arises. More importantly, Milunovich pointed out Cook's vision for the iOS during the company's latest earnings call. According to the analyst, Cook has "a very large vision of what iOS can be."
At the earnings call of the company, Cook made it clear that he sees Apple and iOS to be everywhere. These include the home, workplace, car, pocket and even in the gym. This coincides with previous expectations that Apple will soon be releasing its iWatch.
"Cook has called Apple a mega-ecosystem that has grown 10x stronger in the last few years," Milunovich said in his note. "We call it the Applesphere."
"The upside to the story from here may be less as a tech company and more as a luxury consumer franchise or lifestyle brand," Milunovich added.
Despite the strong perception about Apple's performance and CEO, Forbes did not note that the iPhone 6 may not be able to live up to expectations. LEDInside data suggests that there are no significant changes on the sapphire material's supply demand and price to indicate that Apple has indeed included it in production already. Apple has yet to provide an official statement about the iPhone 6.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Battery Life Test Shows Its Curved Display And Build Has Impacted Its Battery Performance