Why Tim Cook Got a Nod of Approval But May Eventually Hit a Snag with iPhone 6
By Precious Silva | July 31, 2014 12:40 PM EST
UBS gave Apple Tim Cook a nod of approval especially for advocating for the iOS being a platform that can be accessed "everywhere." The nod of approval also supports the company's recent financial quarter posting great numbers. Apple has outperformed predictions of analysts as opposed to its opponent, Samsung, who fell short of expectations. Can Apple and Tim Cook sustain the positive reception and performance at the end of the year? Can Apple's iPhone 6 be the game changer or deal breaker?
Apple CEO Tim Cook departs the stage following his keynote address at the Worldwide Developers Conference in San Francisco, California, June 2, 2014.
Apple Insider obtained analyst Steven Milunovich's note to investors discussing how Apple's top man, Tim Cook likes to "think big." The analyst also said that this will be good for Apple's future as more competition arises. More importantly, Milunovich pointed out Cook's vision for the iOS during the company's latest earnings call. According to the analyst, Cook has "a very large vision of what iOS can be."
At the earnings call of the company, Cook made it clear that he sees Apple and iOS to be everywhere. These include the home, workplace, car, pocket and even in the gym. This coincides with previous expectations that Apple will soon be releasing its iWatch.
"Cook has called Apple a mega-ecosystem that has grown 10x stronger in the last few years," Milunovich said in his note. "We call it the Applesphere."
"The upside to the story from here may be less as a tech company and more as a luxury consumer franchise or lifestyle brand," Milunovich added.
Despite the strong perception about Apple's performance and CEO, Forbes did not note that the iPhone 6 may not be able to live up to expectations. LEDInside data suggests that there are no significant changes on the sapphire material's supply demand and price to indicate that Apple has indeed included it in production already. Apple has yet to provide an official statement about the iPhone 6.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft