Claire Holt: The Originals Actress Joins Cast of New NBC Drama Series Titled Aquarius
By Jenalyn Villamarin | July 31, 2014 11:55 AM EST
"The Originals" star Claire Holt will be moving from New Orleans to Los Angeles. The 26-year-old Australian actress joins the new NBC drama series titled "Aquarius" as a series regular opposite actor David Duchovny.
According to E!Online's TV Scoop report, Claire Holt will portray the role of young female police officer Chairmain Tully. The actress' character will be struggling in the new series to be taken seriously since the Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) in the 1960s had males dominating the law enforcement.
As for David Duchovny, a report from The Wrap revealed that the "X-Files" actor will portray an undercover LAPD cop in the 1960s with a complicated personal life. In the new series, the 53-year-old actor's unnamed character kicks off an investigation on Charles Manson and tracks the well-known killer as well as his followers.
The other celebrities included in the 13-episode TV series are "Game of Thrones" actor Gethin Anthony, who will portray Charles Manson, "Friday Night Lights" actor Grey Damon, Gaius Charles, "Bunheads" star Emma Dumont, "All My Children" actress Ambyr Childers and "Awkward" actor Beau Mirchoff.
With Claire Holt becoming a series regular in "Aquarius," fans of the CW spinoff series "The Originals" cannot help but wonder what will happen now to the Aussie actress' character in the show. Holt became a fan-favorite for portraying the blonde Original vampire Rebekah Mikaelson in "The Originals" as well as "The Vampire Diaries" where the character was introduced.
Claire Holt stunned the "Originals" fans when she suddenly left the spinoff series during its pilot season. The CW star explained in a BuzzFeed interview that it was a tough decision for her to exit the series because it has been amazing to her acting career.
"It was just never my intention to be away from home this long. I am simply looking at this as a temporary absence," Holt stated after her controversial exit from "The Originals." The Aussie actress may be a series regular in "Aquarius" but it looks like Rebekah will still be making appearances in "The Originals" since Aunt Beks is taking care of her niece, Hope Mikaelson.
Furthermore, executive producer Julie Plec teased during the 2014 Comic Con panel that fans will see Claire Holt as Rebekah Mikaelson at least once in the first three episodes of "The Originals" Season 2. The spinoff series' brand new season is scheduled premiere on Monday night, Oct. 6, at 8 pm ET on the CW Network.
More Articles to Read:
The Originals Season 2 Spoilers: Daniel Sharman, Nathaniel Buzolic and Claire Holt Featured in Trailer Released for CW Spinoff Series [VIDEO] - [READ]
Joseph Morgan: The Originals Actor Marries The Vampire Diaries Star Persia White in Jamaica, Rep Confirms - [READ]
The Originals Season 2 Spoilers: EP Michael Narducci Teases Great Power for Davina, Love Interest for Josh and the Mikaelson Family - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers For Sept. 22-26, 2014: Consequences Of The Crichton-Clark Blast
- 'Downton Abbey' Spoilers: 'Surprising New Stories' In Season 5, George Clooney's Cameo Appearance
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Ryan Gosling And Eva Mendes Gushes Over Newborn Daughter
- Nude Photo Leak: Kim Kardashian, Vanessa Hudgens, Hope Solo Latest Victims Of Hacking Attack, Twitter Explodes With Reactions 'Not' In Support Of Kardashian -- Reports