Iggy Azalea Joins ‘Fast And Furious 7’ Cast; Vin Diesel and Michelle Rodriguez Share a Snapshot of the ‘Fancy’ Singer’s Cameo on Social Media
By Rachelle Corpuz | July 31, 2014 11:07 AM EST
Before her big break, Iggy Azalea roamed the earth nameless. After making it big in the music industry, the Aussie singer-rapper is set to make her film debut in the seventh instalment of the "Fast And Furious" franchise. The 24-year-old reportedly had a cameo in Vin Diesel's hit action flick
Singer Iggy Azalea performs "Fancy" at the 2014 Billboard Music Awards in Las Vegas, Nevada May 18, 2014. REUTERS/Steve Marcus
Exclusive snaps of Iggy's cameo in the film were being shared on different social networking Web sites. Diesel, initially, teased the fans of the movie franchise by posting a picture of him with Iggy captioning it "Still from Fast Seven, Toretto Tuesday" on Facebook.
Diesel's co-star Rodriguez also shared a picture with the Aussie-born, writing Iggy's surname the wrong way, on Twitter.
Azealia nice workin with you, love to see you in concert. Respect yesterday's set was so hot in the desert, You Rock pic.twitter.com/GBssq1fsNi— Michelle Rodriguez (@MRodOfficial) July 11, 2014
On July 12, Iggy posted a snap of her with Rodriguez on Instagram.
In an interview with Sky Rock FM, Diesel has revealed Iggy's participation in "Fast and Furious 7" for the first time. The 47-year-old actor was asked which songs he would choose if he had to dance. Diesel was given the choices of Jason Derulo's "Wiggle," Iggy Azalea's "Fancy", and Ariana Grande's "Problem."
"Well, Iggy Azalea, I just worked with her last two weeks ago, I guess you're the first person to know this, we casted her in 'Fast and Furious 7,'" Diesel told the interviewer. "She has a cameo in "Fast and Furious 7,'" he added.
Diesel said that he was going to be "loyal" to Iggy.
Video courtesy: YouTube/SkyrockFM
Iggy is not really the first music artist to have made appeared in the said movie franchise. Ja Rule, Ludacris, and Rita Ora have all made cameos in the "Fast and Furious" movies. Everybody is now curious about Iggy's character in the movie. However, Iggy's role would most likely be the same as Ja Rule, Rita, and Ludacris' characters, according to Pop Watch. People will have to wait and find out when the movie hit the theatres in 2015.
The year 2014 has been pretty kind to Iggy, who has a relationship with Los Angeles Lakers' Nick Young. She has reigned the Billboard charts. She has seven nominations in the MTV Video Music Awards. She has just been chosen as the host of MTV House of Style. Now, she was able to book a cameo in one of the biggest franchise movie in the last 10 years.
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Novak Djokovic Receives Peugeot 107 Pedal Car For His Newborn
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS