Kevin Durant to the Washington Wizards; OKC Superstar Could Pull a LeBron James in 2016
By Justin Noel Cudaihl | July 31, 2014 11:04 AM EST
No thanks to LeBron James who made “going home” cool in the 2014 offseason, other stars like Kevin Durant could be considering pulling a similar act when their contracts expire with their current teams.
May 29, 2014; San Antonio, TX, USA; Oklahoma City Thunder forward Kevin Durant (35) battles for a loose ball with San Antonio Spurs forward Kawhi Leonard (2) during the first half in game five of the Western Conference Finals of the 2014 NBA Playoffs at AT&T Center.
The Oklahoma City superstar finally addressed the issue on Wednesday and spoke about the possibility of playing for his hometown team, Washington, D.C.
“Everybody’s asked me about it. Every time I go on Instagram or Twitter. All my friends ask me about it. So I’m not going to sit here and act like I’m naive to the fact that people think about that stuff,” said the 5-time NBA All-Star to reporters.
“But I just tell everybody that I’m here in Oklahoma City, [and] I love it here. Who knows what will happen? I never close the door on anything. But I like where I’m at right now, so I can’t answer that question.”
In the same interview Durant also talked about some of the players in the Wizards roster.
“Beal is a tremendous player, I love watching him. One of those players that’s going to be a thrill to watch for the next 10-15 years and he’s a player for my hometown team so I love him. I also like Wall; he’s one of my great friends and I’m glad he’s [in Vegas].”
Ultimately, Durant showed that he’s going to be a professional and respect his current team, Oklahoma City.
“I’m going to do what’s best for me. It’s hard to talk about that right now when I’ve got two years left in Oklahoma City. I’m just going to focus on that. I’m not going to make a decision based on what anybody else does.”
The 2014 NBA Most Valuable Player (MVP) was born in Washington, D.C. He played amateur ball in the Maryland area and attended high school at Montrose Christian School in Rockville, Maryland.
Kevin Durant to the Washington Wizards in 2016 is an excellent storyline for the NBA—a la the feel-good story of LeBron James in 2014 going back to the Cleveland Cavaliers. For the meantime, Durant will be with the Thunder hoping to win championships for his adopted home in OKC.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Sugar Ray Leonard Adds Fuel To Pacquiao-Mayweather Clamour
- Muslim NFL Player Husain Abdullah Penalised For Praying After Touchdown
- Ronda Rousey Puts Up Her Belongings For Auction
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks