Megan Fox's Weight Loss Aided by Low Carb Paleo Diet: Benefits of the Diet
By Sarah Thomas | July 31, 2014 10:35 AM EST
Megan Fox credits her stunning post birth weight loss to the Paleo diet. After the birth of her second son, the actress had gained weight, which she stated that a low carb, sugar free Paleo diet helped her to lose just five months after her son's birth.
Presenter Megan Fox poses backstage at the 70th annual Golden Globe Awards in Beverly Hills, California, January 13, 2013.
The diet prescribes high-quality animal proteins, healthy fats, vegetables and fruits, and excludes gluten, sugar, dairy, legumes, starches, alcohol and processed foods. Megan stated, "I've had to eliminate bread from my diet, so I'm on that high-protein, very low-carbohydrate, very low-sugar diet. It's kind of awful."
She even succeeded in shedding her post pregnancy weight after her first son's birth. In 2012 she gained 23 pounds that she lost rapidly by following the Paleo diet.
Megan has been working out as well. Fox's trainer, Harley Pasternak stated that Megan's workouts during her pregnancy helped her speedy post-baby weight loss. "We worked out throughout her entire pregnancy. She was a model of health through the whole process," Pasternak said. Her workouts included cardio exercises, stretching and strength training.
A recent study published in the European Journal of Clinical Nutrition revealed that the Paleo diet is extremely beneficial for weight loss, it being two times more effective as other diets for promoting weight loss. As a part of the study, 70 obese, post menstrual women were followed for two years. A few were given the low-fat diet to follow, while the others were assigned a low-carb Paleo diet.
The participants' weight, cholesterol and blood sugars were checked six months after the study commenced. They were measured again, two years later. The results revealed that those following the Paleo diet lost more than twice the amount of weight compared to the weight lost by those who followed the low fat diet. The Paleo dieters lost 14 pounds while the low-fat dieters lost 5.7 pounds.
The benefits of the Paleo diet is much more than just weight loss; it is seen to reduce belly fat, cholesterol, reduces hormone surges and controls diabetes as well. The low-carb, high-fat Paleo dieters' waist reduced by four inches in just six months and the low fat dieters lost just two inches in the same amount of time.
The diet has been followed by so many because older women, especially those who are in their post menstrual phase find it extremely hard to lose weight due to slower metabolism and hormone disruptions. Studies and researches have testified the benefits of the Paleo diet, owing to this and the live testimonies of several people, many men and women have taken to the diet, celebrities are no exception either.
The Paleo diet has a huge celebrity fan following, Tim McGraw, Jessica Biel, Kellan Lutz, supermodel Adriana Lima and , Matthew McConaughey are a few to mention.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ebola Response Team Killed In Cold Blood By Angry Guinea Locales
- Joe Manganiello Fitness Secret: Low Carb Paleo Diet and CrossFit Workout
- One-Year-Old Baby In Melbourne Hospital With Ebola-Like Symptoms
- MRI Footage Shows What Sex And Other Activities Looks Like From The Inside[Watch Video]
- 'Desperate Housewives' Actress Polly Bergen Died; Suffered Complications From Emphysema
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border