Microsoft to Debut Windows Phone 8.1 Based Lumia Superman and Lumia Tesla Shortly
By Pavithra Rathinavel | July 31, 2014 10:07 AM EST
Microsoft is going to introduce a selfie-centric smartphone named Lumia Superman. Apparently, the upcoming Lumia handset will be launched in August. AT&T and Verizon are the two major carriers slated to offer this Lumia Superman Smartphone. Furthermore, the tech giant is also planning to debut a brand new high-end Windows Phone 8.1 based smartphone shortly.
Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella gestured during his keynote address at the company's ''build'' conference in San Francisco, California April 2, 2014.
Stephen Elop, executive Vice President of Microsoft's Devices and Services business unit, introduced the Lumia Superman handset recently in an internal meeting to company officials. Relevant to the current trend of selfies, Elop presented the upcoming device as a selfie-centric smartphone, according to The Verge via Phone Arena.
When it comes to specifications, the Lumia Superman will feature a 4.7-inch display and a 5 MP front-facing camera unit. Apart from this information, nothing much is revealed about this Lumia handset. Meanwhile, Elop also presented a relatively inexpensive, yet packed with high-end features handset in the same meeting. This Windows Phone handset is dubbed as Lumia Tesla.
If the reports are true, the Lumia Tesla could be the successor of the Lumia 720. Nevertheless, the design of this upcoming handset could reportedly resemble the much-loved Lumia 930. Similar to the high-end Lumia 1020 that introduced a whopping 41 MP PureView primary camera, the Lumia Tesla is also expected house PureView rear-facing camera unit. Therefore, both Lumia Superman and the Lumia Tesla can be expected to touchdown very soon.
Apart from the upcoming Lumia devices, Microsoft will be rolling out "Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1" to developers and smartphone manufacturers very soon. This update is expected to come packed with improvements to device hardware and features.
Moreover, HTC is in the process of unveiling its Windows Phone 8.1 variant of the famed HTC One M8 in August/September via mobile carrier Verizon. Interestingly, the handset is known as HTC One W8. According to reports, the One W8 will look similar to the One M8. Therefore, the Duo Camera and the BoomSound speaker features will also be part of the upcoming HTC One W8. In addition, the One W8 will reportedly flaunt high-end specifications but the device will not be pricey.
1. HTC One E8 (Dual-Sim) vs. HTC Desire 816 (Dual-Sim) - Specifications, Features and Price Showdown - [Read]
3. Microsoft Surface 3 (10.6-Inch) Tablet to Touchdown in October as Surface Pro 3 Set for Global Release - [Read]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Battery Life Test Shows Its Curved Display And Build Has Impacted Its Battery Performance