UFC News: Johny Hendricks to Fight Lawler With Two Healthy Arms in Rematch
By Vincent Paul Hidalgo | July 31, 2014 10:03 AM EST
A Johny Hendricks and Robbie Lawler rematch is already coming to a head and this time around, they are looking forward to putting up a show better than the first legendary fight.
Hendricks all but confirmed the fight with his tweet last July 27 which read: "Robbie it is." It is not clear if Hendricks is ecstatic to face the last man he put down narrowly even last March. He is just returning from a biceps surgery but there is no doubt that he has displayed a champion's resolve during the fifth round of that brawl, even with a torn biceps.
There is not date yet on the rematch but it will be penciled in as soon as Hendricks a surgically repaired arm heals which would be nice this time around for the somewhat confident champion.
"I'm sort of excited about that. Going into something healthy, with two arms, would be nice," he said per Yahoo! Sports. "Yeah, I can face Robbie Lawler healthy, [with] everything going right, get in there and see if it is as close a fight as it was the first time. Because I'm healthy, both arms are active, I can do a lot more."
Lawler is no pushover himself. In a span of four months from losing to an injured Hendricks, he has was able to rise to number 1 contender status with a win over Matt Brown in a five round, unanimous decision which favored the striker. Lawler displayed an assortment of crisper and harder punchers which put Brown on a vehicle headed to the hospital immediately after the fight.
Hendricks, the first UFC welterweight division champion not name Georges St. Pierre, may sound arrogant with his declaration of two healthy arms to pummel him with but many skeptics are supporting his notion that he outpointed Lawler with one healthy arm, then how much more with two.
As it stands, the form that Lawler showed during his ast fight is cause for optimism for his handlers as it attests the strength and recovery of their prized ward to comeback from a violent battle which he just lost four months backwards.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report