Manually Upgrade Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE I9505 to Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUGNG4 Firmware
By Ryan Inoyori | July 31, 2014 9:57 AM EST
The official Android 4.4.2 KitKat for Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE I9505 is now available and can be installed manually in case the automatic update did not work. It features all default goodies from Android 4.4.2 and changes for apps and services from Samsung.
1. Use this official firmware to the Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE I9505 model only.
2. Manually backup all data files and personal settings on the device.
3. Battery level should be at least 50 per cent to prevent power interruption during installation.
4. Enable USB debugging mode on the smartphone.
5. Download the necessary USB drivers for Galaxy S4 LTE on the computer. Installing of Samsung Kies on the computer then connecting the smartphone will also install the USB drivers.
Warning: We are not responsible for any errors which may occur on the device. Read and follow the instructions to any avoid issue. Do this at your own risk.
1. Switch off the Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE I9505 smartphone.
2. Reboot into Download mode by pressing and holding volume down, home and power keys at the same time till the Android logo appears.
3. Extract the ODIN flash tool and the official Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware to an easy access location on the computer.
4. Launch the ODIN flash tool on the computer.
5. Connect the Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE to the computer using a USB cable.
6. ID:COM should turn yellow if device has been detected by the machine. Otherwise, install the necessary USB drivers.
7. On the ODIN flash tool, select the following files for the installation:
a. Click PDA then select the file with CODE in its name.
b. Click PHONE then select the file with MODEM in its name. If not found, ignore this step.
c. Click CSC then select the file with CSC in its name. If not found, ignore this step.
d. Click on PIT then select the ".pit" file. If not found, ignore this step.
8. Check on the AUTO REBOOT and F.RESET TIME on the ODIN flash tool.
9. In case a ".pit" file has been selected, check on the RE-PARTITION option on the ODIN flash tool. Otherwise, leave the option UNCHECKED.
10. Hit the START button to begin installation on the ODIN flash tool.
11. After the installation which may take up to five minutes, the device will restart.
12. Once the smartphone reaches the home screen, it can now be unplugged from the USB connection.
For any bug reports or issues, kindly send your feedback to Team Android original Web page for Galaxy S4 LTE.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- 'The Sims 4' Official Mac Release: More Features Aside From Pools Expected To Be Included
- Motorola Nexus 6 vs. Sony Xperia Z3: Features On New Nexus To Match Latest Sony Phone
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Motorola Nexus 6 v HTC One M8, One M7: Reasons How New Nexus Can Match HTC Flagship Phones
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia