Minecraft Xbox One and Xbox 360 Exclusive Skin Features Guardians of the Galaxy; Pocket Edition 0.9.5 Released
By Gel Galang | July 31, 2014 9:51 AM EST
Even before the "Minecraft Xbox One Edition" gets released this coming August, an exclusive and new skin is already waiting for it when it debuts.
Coders rest in the office of Mojang, a small Swedish company behind the wildly popular Minecraft video game, in Stockholm, in this January 21, 2013 file photo. A decade ago Sweden was one of the world's most taxed nations, but the government has since cut income taxes and abolished inheritance taxes. The government says the cuts as well as strong government finances have helped triple-A rated Sweden outpace much of European growth since the 2008 crisis. Swedes with jobs have seen their disposable income soar and startups like Mojang - creator of computer game Minecraft - have blossomed. But not everyone is benefiting equally. The share of people in Sweden who have less income than half the national median rose to 9 percent of the population in 2010, from 5 percent in 2004, according to the OECD. Promising no more cuts to welfare, Stefan Lofven is expected to win the September 2014 election with a centre-left coalition, ending eight years under a centre-right government. REUTERS/Ints Kalnins/Files
It seems that this upcoming superhero movie, "Guardians of the Galaxy" will be the new skin pack for "Minecraft" for the Xbox 360 and Xbox One version.''
This was confirmed by Ben Morse, a Marvel editor through a tweet some time ago, and according to Total Xbox, there is already an image of the skins that accompanied the tweet, as seen in the link above.
There is no release date announced in the tweet, but speculations consider the launch of the movie, which is already this week or the possibility that it will come the moment "Minecraft Xbox One Edition" is released.
4J Studios has announced before that "Minecraft Xbox One Edition," alongside "Minecraft PS4 Edition" and "Minecraft PS Vita Edition" will debut in August, though no definitive dates were given. If the release date for the new editions will come in early August, then it's possible that the skins will also be available at the same time.
In any case, the skins already presents the five characters of "Guardians of the Galaxy" so you can pick your favorite when it releases. Hopefully, it will also be announced for the "Minecraft PS4 Edition," "Minecraft PS3 Edition" and "MInecraft PS Vita Edition."
'Minecraft Pocket Edition' Latest Version Released
Mojang had not been neglecting the Pocket Edition version, considering the many updates that it has been uploading for the past few weeks.
"We just released MCPE 0.9.5, another bugfix version for 0.9. This time, it may or may not be the last, but we hope so!" said Mojang over at the official Web site. "We found and squashed many nasty bugs still hiding in the very fabric on the game, so 0.9 should be now quite stable."
More than that, Android users should have also encountered another bugfix version, as there is a new crash and more bugs that needed fixing.
The new version features a number of tweaks, including the following:
- Players that are placed at extreme heights by respawn bugs will be placed back at yr = 130.
- With Android devices, the game will no longer waste batter and will stop rendering in the background.
- You will no longer get stuck in the "Looking for Server" screen in case the server is full
- Animals are not despawned anymore.
There's also a long list of bugs that "Minecraft Pocket Edition 0.9.5" is targeting, which can be accessed in the link above. In the meantime, the developer has promised that this new version has already been uploaded to all mobile stores, so expect the rollout very soon.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- How To Play 4K Graphics Quality On 1080p Games With Any Monitor Using NVIDIA Graphics Cards
- PS4 v. Xbox One: More Details For Firmware 2.0 Update, Xbox Screenshot Feature And Paid Xbox Music Emerge
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS