How to Root Samsung Galaxy Tab PRO 10.1 T520 Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUANG1 Firmware
By Ryan Inoyori | July 31, 2014 9:48 AM EST
1. Use this rooting procedure to the Samsung Galaxy Tab PRO 10.1 T520 running the firmware XXUANG1 only.
2. Create a manual backup of all data files and personal settings stored on tablet before performing the rooting procedure.
3. Battery level must be at least 50 per cent to avoid power interruption during the installation.
4. Enable USB debugging mode on the Galaxy Tab PRO 10.1.
5. Download and install the necessary USB drivers for the tablet on the computer.
7. Download the ODIN flash tool to the computer.
Warning: We are not responsible for any errors which may occur on the Galaxy Tab PRO 10.1. Read and follow the instructions carefully to avoid damaging the device. Root access will also trip the Samsung Knox and remove any active warranty. Do this at your own risk.
Gaining Root Access:
1. Extract the ODIN flash tool executable file and ChainFire's Auto-Root to an easy access location on the computer.
2. Switch off the Galaxy Tab PRO 10.1 then reboot it into Download Mode. Press and hold the volume down, home and power keys at the same time till the Android logo appears.
3. Launch the ODIN flash tool executable file on the computer.
4. Connect the Galaxy tablet using a USB cable and check if the ID:COM on the ODIN flash tool turns yellow. If not, install the necessary USB drivers as mentioned above.
5. On the ODIN flash tool, click on PDA then select the file "CF-Auto-Root-picassowifi-picassowifixx-smt520.zip".
6. Check the AUTO REBOOT and F.RESET TIME on the ODIN flash tool.
7. Hit the START button to begin installation process.
8. During the rooting process, the tablet will reboot automatically into Recovery Mode to install the necessary files and the ID:COM should turn green.
9. Once the installation process has been completed, it should reboot automatically which may take up to five minutes before reaching the home screen.
10. After the device has reached the home screen, it can now be disconnected from the computer.
11. Check the root access status of the device by downloading the Root Checked app at the Google Play Store.
For bugs and issues, kindly send your feedback to the Team Android official Galaxy Tab PRO 10.1 rooting page.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch