How to Root Samsung Galaxy Tab PRO 10.1 T520 Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUANG1 Firmware
By Ryan Inoyori | July 31, 2014 9:48 AM EST
1. Use this rooting procedure to the Samsung Galaxy Tab PRO 10.1 T520 running the firmware XXUANG1 only.
2. Create a manual backup of all data files and personal settings stored on tablet before performing the rooting procedure.
3. Battery level must be at least 50 per cent to avoid power interruption during the installation.
4. Enable USB debugging mode on the Galaxy Tab PRO 10.1.
5. Download and install the necessary USB drivers for the tablet on the computer.
7. Download the ODIN flash tool to the computer.
Warning: We are not responsible for any errors which may occur on the Galaxy Tab PRO 10.1. Read and follow the instructions carefully to avoid damaging the device. Root access will also trip the Samsung Knox and remove any active warranty. Do this at your own risk.
Gaining Root Access:
1. Extract the ODIN flash tool executable file and ChainFire's Auto-Root to an easy access location on the computer.
2. Switch off the Galaxy Tab PRO 10.1 then reboot it into Download Mode. Press and hold the volume down, home and power keys at the same time till the Android logo appears.
3. Launch the ODIN flash tool executable file on the computer.
4. Connect the Galaxy tablet using a USB cable and check if the ID:COM on the ODIN flash tool turns yellow. If not, install the necessary USB drivers as mentioned above.
5. On the ODIN flash tool, click on PDA then select the file "CF-Auto-Root-picassowifi-picassowifixx-smt520.zip".
6. Check the AUTO REBOOT and F.RESET TIME on the ODIN flash tool.
7. Hit the START button to begin installation process.
8. During the rooting process, the tablet will reboot automatically into Recovery Mode to install the necessary files and the ID:COM should turn green.
9. Once the installation process has been completed, it should reboot automatically which may take up to five minutes before reaching the home screen.
10. After the device has reached the home screen, it can now be disconnected from the computer.
11. Check the root access status of the device by downloading the Root Checked app at the Google Play Store.
For bugs and issues, kindly send your feedback to the Team Android official Galaxy Tab PRO 10.1 rooting page.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘Minecraft PS Vita,’ PS4 And Xbox One Updates And More On The Microsoft Deal
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Buff Emotion Changes, Pay Very Low Bills And Enable Advanced Debug For Cheats
- iPhone 6 Plus Sold Out Apple Store Crash Due to Pre-orders: Where to Place Your Orders and the Packages Offered in the US and UK
- Meet 3 New 'Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire' Mega Evolutions And Legendary Rayquaza
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Confirmed With Demo, More Info Revealed
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date