Manually Upgrade Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 N5100 to Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXDNG2 Firmware
By Ryan Inoyori | July 31, 2014 9:47 AM EST
1. Use this official firmware to the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 N5100 only.
2. Create a manual backup all data files and personal settings on the device.
3. Battery level should be at least 50 per cent to avoid power interruption during installation.
4. Enable USB debugging mode on the Galaxy Note 8.0.
5. Download the necessary USB drivers for Galaxy Note 8.0 on the computer. Installing of Samsung Kies on the computer then connecting the tablet will also install the USB drivers.
Warning: We are not responsible for any errors which may occur on the device. Read and follow the instructions to any avoid issue. Do this at your own risk.
1. Switch off the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 N5100 tablet.
2. Reboot into Download mode by pressing and holding volume down, home and power keys at the same time till the Android logo appears.
3. Extract the ODIN flash tool and the official Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware to an easy access location on the computer.
4. Launch the ODIN flash tool on the computer.
5. Connect the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 to the computer using a USB cable.
6. ID:COM should turn yellow if the device has been detected by the computer. Otherwise, install the necessary USB drivers.
7. On the ODIN flash tool, select the following files for installation:
a. Click PDA then select the file with CODE in its name.
b. Click PHONE then select the file with MODEM in its name. If not found, ignore this step.
c. Click CSC then select the file with CSC in its name. If not found, ignore this step.
d. Click on PIT then select the ".pit" file. If not found, ignore this step.
8. Check on the AUTO REBOOT and F.RESET TIME on the ODIN flash tool.
9. In case a ".pit" file has been selected, check on the RE-PARTITION option on the ODIN flash tool. Otherwise, leave the option UNCHECKED.
10. Hit the START button to begin installation on the ODIN flash tool.
11. After the installation which may take up to five minutes, the device will restart.
12. Once the Galaxy Note 8.0 reaches the home screen, it can now be unplugged from the USB connection.
For any bug reports or issues, kindly send your feedback to Team Android original Web page for Galaxy Note 8.0.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'World Of Warcraft' 6.0.3 Patch Hotfixes Update Including The Satchel Of Savage Mysteries, Zidormi In Dustwallow Marsh And The Frostwall Mines
- High-End Tablets Face-Off: Google’s Nexus 9 Versus Apple’s iPad Air 2
- ‘GTA V' Heists Release Date Update: Rockstar Confirms DLC Out In ‘Early 2015'
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ News: More On Volcanion Event And Easy To Catch Legendaries
- ‘Minecraft Story Mode’ And Update 1.6.4 Coming With Details, Brings Witches, Horses And An Interesting Trailer