NBA Trade: Bucks Express Interest in Eric Bledsoe, But Suns Likely To Keep Guard
By Lou Imperial | July 31, 2014 9:31 AM EST
Phoenix Suns seem to be in control of Eric Bledsoe situation,because no team other than the Milwaukee Bucks is interested to sign him for a max deal contract, a source close to situation reported on Tuesday.
NBA: Phoenix Suns at Toronto Raptors
The Suns appear to be the most likely destination for the 24-year old Bledsoe, who is one of the biggest free-agents still without a contract.
According to Basketball Insider writer Steve Kyler, the explosive combo guard would eventually stay with the Suns either by signing the four-year, $48 million deal or the qualifying contract worth $3.7 million ($6.57 against the cap space).
"Sources close to the Suns have said privately they expected Bledsoe back either on a new deal or after he signs the qualifying offer they issued worth just over $3.7 million (the caphold is $6.56 million)," Basketball Insider reported.
While there are rumours that several teams are interested in taking Bledsoe, these ball clubs can only offer a contract worth $13 to $14 million range which the Suns can easily match.
Bledsoe's camp has been seeking for a max contract extension worth around $20 million per year. However, there's only one team in the league that can give him that kind of a deal, and that's the Philadelphia 76ers, which has a $23 million cap space.
The bad news is the 76ers are not interested in spending that much money for a player who has knee issues last season. And of course, they already have someone to develop at the point guard spot in reigning rookie of the year Michael-Carter Williams, making a deal with Bledsoe redundant.
"It does not look like Philadelphia, who is sitting on $23 million in cap space, is going to set the price for Bledsoe, meaning the best offer on the table is from Phoenix," Kyler claimed.
The Milwaukee Bucks, another team desperate to have an All-Star calibre point guard, expressed interest in acquiring Bledsoe, though they can only sign him with a $13 million a year deal. There's a reported proposal for a sign-and-trade between the Bucks and the Suns. Then again, Milwaukee is only interested if they can dispose unwanted salaries.
Bledsoe, who was traded by the Los Angeles Clippers to the Suns in a three-team trade with the Bucks last season, had a breakout year last season as he averaged career-highs 17.7 points, 5.5 assists and 4.7 rebounds in 32 minutes a game.
For more Eric Bledsoe rumors, read more at IBT Sports
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Minnesota Timberwolves 2015-2015 NBA Preview: Wiggins-Rubio Era In Minneapolis Begins
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Dallas Mavericks 2015-2015 NBA Preview: Nowitzki, Ellis Has New Shooting Partner In Parsons
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity