Drew Barrymore's Half-Sister Found Dead, '50 First Dates' Star Gives Tribute
By Annie Dee | July 31, 2014 8:40 AM EST
Drew Barrymore's half-sister, Jessica Barrymore was found lifeless near San Diego on Tuesday. It seems Jessica committed suicide through pills. Drew Barrymore released a tribute after the news broke out, wishing peace on her half-sister and the loved ones she left.
Marta was heading to work on Tuesday morning when her attention was caught by a car blocking her driveway near Honover and 9th Streets. Marta said she asked if the then unrecognized and unidentified driver needed help. She received no response. Later, it was discovered that the driver was 47-year old Jessica Barrymore, the "50 First Dates" star's' sister.
The crime scene provided evidence of suicide. Jessica was found reclined in the driver's seat and a can of SoBe energy drink between her legs. Several white pills were seen scattered on the passenger's seat, Lopez shared. The scene threw the witness off and she proceeded to call the police.
It was the San Diego Medical Examiner's Office who identified the dead body as Jessica Barrymore, whose date of birth is July 31, 1966. She was confirmed to be Drew Barrymore's half-sister.
It seemed though that her Facebook wall gave enough warning that this might happen. On Monday, Jessica posted a cryptic quote on this particular social media account generated from the spiritual Mysteria magazine. It read, "Life doesn't always introduce you to the people you WANT to meet."
"Sometimes, #life puts you in touch with the people you NEED to meet to Help You, to Hurt You, to Guide You, to Leave You, to Love You, and to gradually Strengthen You into the Person You Were Meant to Become."
Aside from Marta Lopez, another resident on the area said he already saw the car hours before Marta did. The resident said that when he saw the car parked and blocking Marta's driveway, he just thought she was sleeping and waiting for someone. The eyewitness felt sad to know that Jessica's final hours on Earth were spent alone and in a car, too.
Jessica was employed at a Petco animal supply store. Her death affected her co-workers greatly. He co-workers claimed she's really good with the animals, with the customers, and to her co-workers. Jessica is also described as having a great sense of humor. Her friends thought the world lost a wonderful person and they would miss her.
Demi Barrymore took longer to release a statement but eventually released a short but meaningful tribute, Mail Online reports.
"Although I only met her briefly, I wish her and her loved ones as much peace as possible and I'm so incredibly sorry for their loss," said the actress.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 21 Spoilers: Nick Shocks His Family And Summer’s Past Gets Revealed
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports