Drew Barrymore's Half-Sister Found Dead, '50 First Dates' Star Gives Tribute
By Annie Dee | July 31, 2014 8:40 AM EST
Drew Barrymore's half-sister, Jessica Barrymore was found lifeless near San Diego on Tuesday. It seems Jessica committed suicide through pills. Drew Barrymore released a tribute after the news broke out, wishing peace on her half-sister and the loved ones she left.
Marta was heading to work on Tuesday morning when her attention was caught by a car blocking her driveway near Honover and 9th Streets. Marta said she asked if the then unrecognized and unidentified driver needed help. She received no response. Later, it was discovered that the driver was 47-year old Jessica Barrymore, the "50 First Dates" star's' sister.
The crime scene provided evidence of suicide. Jessica was found reclined in the driver's seat and a can of SoBe energy drink between her legs. Several white pills were seen scattered on the passenger's seat, Lopez shared. The scene threw the witness off and she proceeded to call the police.
It was the San Diego Medical Examiner's Office who identified the dead body as Jessica Barrymore, whose date of birth is July 31, 1966. She was confirmed to be Drew Barrymore's half-sister.
It seemed though that her Facebook wall gave enough warning that this might happen. On Monday, Jessica posted a cryptic quote on this particular social media account generated from the spiritual Mysteria magazine. It read, "Life doesn't always introduce you to the people you WANT to meet."
"Sometimes, #life puts you in touch with the people you NEED to meet to Help You, to Hurt You, to Guide You, to Leave You, to Love You, and to gradually Strengthen You into the Person You Were Meant to Become."
Aside from Marta Lopez, another resident on the area said he already saw the car hours before Marta did. The resident said that when he saw the car parked and blocking Marta's driveway, he just thought she was sleeping and waiting for someone. The eyewitness felt sad to know that Jessica's final hours on Earth were spent alone and in a car, too.
Jessica was employed at a Petco animal supply store. Her death affected her co-workers greatly. He co-workers claimed she's really good with the animals, with the customers, and to her co-workers. Jessica is also described as having a great sense of humor. Her friends thought the world lost a wonderful person and they would miss her.
Demi Barrymore took longer to release a statement but eventually released a short but meaningful tribute, Mail Online reports.
"Although I only met her briefly, I wish her and her loved ones as much peace as possible and I'm so incredibly sorry for their loss," said the actress.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS