Drew Barrymore's Half-Sister Found Dead, '50 First Dates' Star Gives Tribute
By Annie Dee | July 31, 2014 8:40 AM EST
Drew Barrymore's half-sister, Jessica Barrymore was found lifeless near San Diego on Tuesday. It seems Jessica committed suicide through pills. Drew Barrymore released a tribute after the news broke out, wishing peace on her half-sister and the loved ones she left.
Marta was heading to work on Tuesday morning when her attention was caught by a car blocking her driveway near Honover and 9th Streets. Marta said she asked if the then unrecognized and unidentified driver needed help. She received no response. Later, it was discovered that the driver was 47-year old Jessica Barrymore, the "50 First Dates" star's' sister.
The crime scene provided evidence of suicide. Jessica was found reclined in the driver's seat and a can of SoBe energy drink between her legs. Several white pills were seen scattered on the passenger's seat, Lopez shared. The scene threw the witness off and she proceeded to call the police.
It was the San Diego Medical Examiner's Office who identified the dead body as Jessica Barrymore, whose date of birth is July 31, 1966. She was confirmed to be Drew Barrymore's half-sister.
It seemed though that her Facebook wall gave enough warning that this might happen. On Monday, Jessica posted a cryptic quote on this particular social media account generated from the spiritual Mysteria magazine. It read, "Life doesn't always introduce you to the people you WANT to meet."
"Sometimes, #life puts you in touch with the people you NEED to meet to Help You, to Hurt You, to Guide You, to Leave You, to Love You, and to gradually Strengthen You into the Person You Were Meant to Become."
Aside from Marta Lopez, another resident on the area said he already saw the car hours before Marta did. The resident said that when he saw the car parked and blocking Marta's driveway, he just thought she was sleeping and waiting for someone. The eyewitness felt sad to know that Jessica's final hours on Earth were spent alone and in a car, too.
Jessica was employed at a Petco animal supply store. Her death affected her co-workers greatly. He co-workers claimed she's really good with the animals, with the customers, and to her co-workers. Jessica is also described as having a great sense of humor. Her friends thought the world lost a wonderful person and they would miss her.
Demi Barrymore took longer to release a statement but eventually released a short but meaningful tribute, Mail Online reports.
"Although I only met her briefly, I wish her and her loved ones as much peace as possible and I'm so incredibly sorry for their loss," said the actress.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu