Game of Thrones Updates: Tyrion Lannister’s End in George R.R. Martin’s Winds of Winter
By Riza Ornos | July 31, 2014 8:35 AM EST
"Game of Thrones" season 4 ended with a big bang with Tyrion killing his own father while he sat astride in castle's toilet, after he took the life of Shae whom he caught sleeping with Tywin. Now on its season 5, highly acclaimed "Song Of Ice and Fire" author George R.R. Martin is currently working on on his latest book "Winds of Winter" and revealed that even fans favorite Tyrion Lannister is not safe from death.
Cast member Peter Dinklage arrives for the season four premiere of the HBO series "Game of Thrones" in New York in this March 18, 2014, file photo. The blood-filled finale of the fourth season of HBO's fantasy series "Game of Thrones" was watched by 7.1 million viewers, the network said on Monday, topping the 5.4 million people who watched last season's closing episode.
"I love all my characters, of course, but Tyrion has always been a favorite," Martin told Hollywood Life at Super Hero HQ during the 2014 San Diego Comic Con. "He is the easiest to write ... The only thing that is hard is that it takes me days and sometimes weeks to come up with the one-liners that Tyrion comes up with in, like, a minute. I wish in real life I was nearly as acerbic and funny as Tyrion."
When asked if the clever midget is going to last until the end of "Game of Thrones" saga, the writer only hinted that he did cut off nose, so anything could happen as he writes his new book. He explained that predictable shows and books bore him, and he is creating a story that he wants to read, something that is unpredictable and put him on the edge of his set. "So, the deaths are important and at all times necessary," added the renowned author.
Known for his penchant for unpredictability, the 65-year-old writer who famously killed one of the most loved characters of the book, Ned Stark. But everyone knows that Stark's was absolutely necessary as it triggers the War of The Five Kings and created chaos across the Narrow Sea.
Played by Emmy winner Peter Dinklage, Tyrion never disappoints with his clever lines and unpredictable stunts. Fans were on the edge of their sits when he was sentenced to death by his father and praying for the Red Viper to win so he can have his freedom when he was accused of poisoning the boy King Joffrey.
Known for his role as Tyrion, Dinklage is once again nominated at the Emmys for his awesome performance in the "Game of Thrones" season 4. HBO's epic fantasy show is scheduled to premiere its fifth season in 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions