Game of Thrones Updates: Tyrion Lannister’s End in George R.R. Martin’s Winds of Winter
By Riza Ornos | July 31, 2014 8:35 AM EST
"Game of Thrones" season 4 ended with a big bang with Tyrion killing his own father while he sat astride in castle's toilet, after he took the life of Shae whom he caught sleeping with Tywin. Now on its season 5, highly acclaimed "Song Of Ice and Fire" author George R.R. Martin is currently working on on his latest book "Winds of Winter" and revealed that even fans favorite Tyrion Lannister is not safe from death.
Cast member Peter Dinklage arrives for the season four premiere of the HBO series "Game of Thrones" in New York in this March 18, 2014, file photo. The blood-filled finale of the fourth season of HBO's fantasy series "Game of Thrones" was watched by 7.1 million viewers, the network said on Monday, topping the 5.4 million people who watched last season's closing episode.
"I love all my characters, of course, but Tyrion has always been a favorite," Martin told Hollywood Life at Super Hero HQ during the 2014 San Diego Comic Con. "He is the easiest to write ... The only thing that is hard is that it takes me days and sometimes weeks to come up with the one-liners that Tyrion comes up with in, like, a minute. I wish in real life I was nearly as acerbic and funny as Tyrion."
When asked if the clever midget is going to last until the end of "Game of Thrones" saga, the writer only hinted that he did cut off nose, so anything could happen as he writes his new book. He explained that predictable shows and books bore him, and he is creating a story that he wants to read, something that is unpredictable and put him on the edge of his set. "So, the deaths are important and at all times necessary," added the renowned author.
Known for his penchant for unpredictability, the 65-year-old writer who famously killed one of the most loved characters of the book, Ned Stark. But everyone knows that Stark's was absolutely necessary as it triggers the War of The Five Kings and created chaos across the Narrow Sea.
Played by Emmy winner Peter Dinklage, Tyrion never disappoints with his clever lines and unpredictable stunts. Fans were on the edge of their sits when he was sentenced to death by his father and praying for the Red Viper to win so he can have his freedom when he was accused of poisoning the boy King Joffrey.
Known for his role as Tyrion, Dinklage is once again nominated at the Emmys for his awesome performance in the "Game of Thrones" season 4. HBO's epic fantasy show is scheduled to premiere its fifth season in 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft