Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime/Galaxy F/Alpha Confirmed Retina Scanner Will be a Killer Against iPhone 6
By Precious Silva | July 31, 2014 8:06 AM EST
Samsung's variety of handsets has been a given thus it did not come as a surprise that the Galaxy S5 will be having a spin off. However, as more leaks surface, the supposed Galaxy S5 Prime has also been reported as the Galaxy F and now the Galaxy Alpha. Regardless of what Samsung will eventually call it, recent leaks suggest that it will come with a retina scanner and a 720 display.
Students walk out of Samsung Electronics' headquarters in Seoul July 7, 2014. Samsung Electronics Co Ltd on Tuesday said operating profit likely fell 24.5 percent in April-June, its lowest in two years due to slowing growth in the company's cash cow smartphone business and the strength of the South Korean won. Picture taken July 7, 2014.
The Samsung Galaxy Alpha was spotted in a user agent or UA profile under Samsung's support site. It was also seen on the developer console of Samsung. SamMobile noted that despite the reports saying that the Alpha will be the premium line S5 Prime or Galaxy F, the listed features under the developer console and the UA profile page do not appear to be premium.
The website uploaded a photo of a developer console featuring 720x1280 pixels resolution. It was listed together with the Galaxy Alpha LTE model. This supports assumptions that the device will indeed be called the Galaxy Alpha instead of Galaxy S5 Prime, Galaxy F or Galaxy S5 Alpha.
If previous reports were to be believed then the Galaxy Alpha will sport a 4.8-inch display following a similar pixel density and size as the Galaxy S III. The device was launched back in 2012.
There have also been buzz around a retina scanner being included in the upcoming offerings of Samsung. According to the SamsungExynos twitter account, a photo revealed a user holding a device with an eye image in the middle. There are listed bills on the side with the pay option. Because the hands of the users were nowhere near the screen and the eye image remains prominent then Samsung is on its way to introducing the retina scanner.
Samsung has not clarified the release date or final specs of the device yet.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight