Manchester United Transfer News: Wilfried Zaha Might Stay After Impressing Van Gaal Against Inter [VIDEO]
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 31, 2014 5:36 AM EST
It seems like Manchester United attacker Wilfried Zaha will not be shown the exit door this summer, after the pacy youngster impressed Louis van Gaal during their preseason match against Inter Milan.
Evan Habeeb-USA TODAY Sports
Inter Milan defenseman Juan Jesus (5) fights for the ball with Manchester United midfielder Wilfried Zaha (29) in the second half at FedEx Field.
The 21-year-old, who came on as a substitute in the second-half, put on the afterburners at the FedEx Field in Maryland, getting past defenders with gusto that saw him create a goalscoring opportunity for himself at the 89th minute, only to strike the ball wide.
"I was pleased with his performance but we have to wait and see," said van Gaal.
"He has a lot of competition with the other strikers."
Meanwhile, Zaha, who is linked with a move away from Old Trafford, is determined to keep his place in the Red Devils squad.
"I played all right, I'm happy," said the England international, who has yet to receive another call-up since 2012.
"All I have done is what he has asked. I've worked hard, that's what he told me to do. It's a clean slate for me."
"Last year I made advancements in my game and I just want to play for Manchester United. Hopefully, this will be my chance."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Sugar Ray Leonard Adds Fuel To Pacquiao-Mayweather Clamour
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Wants To Talk To Manny Pacquiao About Super Fight If Filipino Beats Chris Algieri
- WWE Update: Bray Wyatt’s Twitter Post Hints Upcoming Fight With Sting [VIDEO]
- Rafael Nadal Gives Li Na Flowers, A Teary Farewell At Beijing China Open
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge