Manchester United Transfer News: Wilfried Zaha Might Stay After Impressing Van Gaal Against Inter [VIDEO]
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 31, 2014 5:36 AM EST
It seems like Manchester United attacker Wilfried Zaha will not be shown the exit door this summer, after the pacy youngster impressed Louis van Gaal during their preseason match against Inter Milan.
Evan Habeeb-USA TODAY Sports
Inter Milan defenseman Juan Jesus (5) fights for the ball with Manchester United midfielder Wilfried Zaha (29) in the second half at FedEx Field.
The 21-year-old, who came on as a substitute in the second-half, put on the afterburners at the FedEx Field in Maryland, getting past defenders with gusto that saw him create a goalscoring opportunity for himself at the 89th minute, only to strike the ball wide.
"I was pleased with his performance but we have to wait and see," said van Gaal.
"He has a lot of competition with the other strikers."
Meanwhile, Zaha, who is linked with a move away from Old Trafford, is determined to keep his place in the Red Devils squad.
"I played all right, I'm happy," said the England international, who has yet to receive another call-up since 2012.
"All I have done is what he has asked. I've worked hard, that's what he told me to do. It's a clean slate for me."
"Last year I made advancements in my game and I just want to play for Manchester United. Hopefully, this will be my chance."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- MMA News: Transgender Fighter Fallon Fox Challenges Ronda Rousey, Fires Back on ‘Ignorant’ Comments
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Points Out Amir Khan's Poor Boxing Record
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Fight Won't Happen As Long As Bob Arum Is Involved, Says Pacquiao's Former Conditioning Coach
- WWE News: CM Punk Merchandise Pulled From Stands, Punk Chasing Royalties For WWE 2K15 Inclusion [VIDEO]
- Floyd Mayweather Admits Marcos Maidana’s Power Shot Hurt Him [VIDEO]
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed