The Mentalist Season 7 Spoilers: CBS Skips Simon Baker's Patrick Jane in Fall Schedule, Josie Loren Joins Cast
By Arlene Paredes | July 31, 2014 3:10 AM EST
The Mentalist Season 7 is not (yet) in the CBS line-up this fall, according to a report. Fans of Simon Baker and his character Patrick Jane need not worry. Production (or at least some casting) is underway, and actress Josie Loren is joining the cast.
Spoiler alert: This feature contains The Mentalist Season 7 spoilers and teasers. Read only if you cannot wait to find out the latest scoop on the CBS series.
The Mentalist Season 7 premiere is not slated in the CBS fall line-up in this TVLine report. The Bruno Heller-created series used to air back-to-back with "The Good Wife," but it seems it will be taking on a new schedule.
There are speculations that The Mentalist Season 7 is the final season of the series, but there has been no official word about it yet. However, Heller himself has described Season 7 as an "encore."
"The purpose of an encore is to get people leaving the theater happy," Heller said.
Actress Josie Loren ("Make It or Break It") is joining The Mentalist Season 7 cast, as a fresh grad of the FBI Academy, TVLine reported. If all goes well, Loren could become a series regular, according to the scoop. The same report mentioned Patrick Jane and team are likely to come back "midseason."
Loren's character, Michelle Vega, has "never heard of Jane, knows nothing of his methods or past, and casts a skeptical eye on his unorthodox, rule-busting ways," the TVLine update said. If The Mentalist Season 7 is indeed the last season of the series, Loren's perspective would remind viewers of how they felt about Jane in the show's first season.
Many Jisbon shippers hope to see Patrick Jane marry Teresa Lisbon (Robin Tunney) in a wedding that symbolises moving on and a brand new leaf in The Mentalist Season 7.
Airing on CBS Sundays beginning this fall are: "60 Minutes," "Madam Secretary," "The Good Wife," and "CSI/CSI:Cyber." A midseason schedule could mean that The Mentalist Season 7 premiere would air sometime in late December 2014 or early 2015.
Related TV Stories, Episode Guides and Spoilers
The Mentalist Season 7 Updates: Jisbon Fans Wait Longer; Bruno Heller, Simon Baker Hope Fans Want More [SPOILERS, VIDEO]
Grey's Anatomy Season 11 Spoilers: Calzona Still on Shaky Ground, April's Baby Bump Gets Real, Karev vs Bailey Anticipated [READ]
NCIS Season 12 Spoilers, Speculations: Ziva David Replacement in Tony's Life, McGee and Gibbs Grow Closer [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron' Teaser Trailer: Fans' Cry At ‘Epic’ Footage, Vision Not Featured
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’