Transfer News: FC Barcelona, Man Utd to Compete for Juan Cuadrado's Signature as Fiorentina Reveal Willingness to Sell
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 31, 2014 12:05 AM EST
Fiorentina sporting director Daniele Prade revealed that winger Juan Cuadrado could be given the green light to move on once their asking price of £40million is met.
The 26-year-old Colombia international was very much involved in La Viola's third place finish in the Serie A, which clinched them a spot in the Champions League qualifying round.
REUTERS/Marcelo Del Pozo
Juan Cuadrado to be given the green light to move on, should Fiorentina's asking price be met
He capped it off with an impressive showing in the World Cup, consistently giving oppositions a tough day with his pinpoint passing that led to 4 assists, coupled with a goal, in six matches.
FC Barcelona and Manchester United are the rumoured leading candidates to secure the signature of the former Udinese man, who won't come cheap.
"We have had no official bids for Cuadrado," said Prade.
"However it would be very difficult to refuse an offer of €50m (£40m)."
"We hope he will stay with us but I must say how things are."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar